Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peony leaves discolored

Posted by joeb1979 Long Island (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 12:35

Hi,

I have a few peonies and the leaves of this plant, towards the back seem to look a bit strange (but sorta interesting).Is my peony sick, or it it just because its against the fence? Do I need to do something, like cut these leaves off. Please advise!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peony leaves discolored

I am not a peony expert, but here is a link that 'may' help you a little. How long have you had the plant? Have the number of blooms decreased over the years? Is it still fairly young?? Did you recently transplant it? Stuff like that may help one of the experts tell you whats going on with it.

Here is a link that might be useful: peony diseases

o

Also, have you applied any fertilizers, lime, or anything else to the peony? I once applied a chemical fertilizer to my peonies in the spring hoping it would help them grow. All it did was turn the leaves yellow. I never did that again!

o

I have 5 tree peonys. Only one of them, the leaves has turned from green to a red or maroon color. Another one had done the same thing, but now the maroon color is fading and you can see the green again, it's almost like it is in transition. All the other plants area a beautiful green color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here