Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help ID

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 14:58

I have several peonies and all are no ID. I'm trying to find them names.
This one started approx. 6/04, several days after the one which was earlier than others. Mid-blooming maybe?
It's about 33 inches tall, stems are dark when buds appear, and it has no fragrance, or very little in comparison with my early most fragrant peony.
Another distinctive feature is that some flowers are double and some are kinda single. The flowers don't last long, two days and they are done (could be full sun location), but it did it in cooler weather too.

Here are five pictures:
Buds and darker stems
P5225166el3

Buds later
10P5273653

First or second day of fully opened
P6045243

P6045244

Yesterday in 94 degrees heat
P6065264

Maybe somebody is growing it and can recognize?
Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help ID

Is it a trifle more red in real life? It looks like one I've bought as Inspecteur Lavergne. It is also similar to Kansas and Karl Rosenfield.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here