Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What about Pink Hawaiian Coral

Posted by mzdee 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 16:57

Got a large one from Lowes today. On clearance from 30 bucks to 10. I suppose because bloom season is over. It is big and healthy and as soon as the monsoon is over, I'll get her in the ground. Does anyone have this one? Experience that you're willing to share?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What about Pink Hawaiian Coral

I do not have PHC, but i saw it in a garden I visted. It is very beautiful: goes from pink to lightpink/coral to coral and cream/coral as the bloom ages. The only drawback is it has an unpleasant smell - probably best viewed in a garden rather than in a vase.

o

Drats Kousa
That is why I've been planting peonies. My other one was younger and although it looks good, it didn't set buds this year. Hope that one is fragrant :)

o

I have Pink Hawaiian Coral, never noticed the blooms having an unpleasant smell. Only the earliest of my peonies have bloomed so far this year, I'll check this one specifically when it flowers. Really like all of the corals I have, none seem to need much staking and the flowers are beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here