Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanting & dividing

Posted by greenlydia (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 26, 06 at 17:20

I'll tell you right off the bat, I am "flower challenged" so please speak slowly and don't use any really big words! I have some peonies........don't ask me how as I'm sure I didn't plant them, which is not to say I'm not thrilled they are here, BUT...they are in two different places and I'd like to put them all together. Some are in nearly total shade and don't bloom like the ones in full sun. How and when can I move the shaded ones? The ones in the sun seem, to my totally ignorant eye, to be getting crowded. Are these critters bulbs? And why do the ants crawl all over them? I have inhaled more than one ant when I've stuck my nose in there for a big sniff! Mine are really huge and pink, which is the name I have given them..."Really Huge and Pink Peonies." I'm sure it's a real species! LOL Any and all advice is welcome and don't be afraid to hurt my feelings.....I already know my thumb ain't green!
Thanks so much!
Greenlydia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanting & dividing

Greenlydia,
I suggest that you check out the FAQ at www.peonies.org the link is posted below. There is a lot of information there. On that page you can also search on key words such as "transplanting" or "dividing" or "Ants". The information there is down to earth.

Good luck,
Leon

Here is a link that might be useful: FAQ at www.peonies.org

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here