Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southernpeony

2010 American Peony Sociey Convention

amulet
13 years ago

Is anyone going to the 2010 American Peony Society Convention this year? I know this message is a bit late, since I'm already in WI. If anyone else from here is at the convention, I hope to see you there.

Comments (6)

• maifleur01
    13 years ago

I was there sorry I never checked here until today. There were at least two others who post on here that were there. My bid number was 18. How did you like Klehms? My hubby's van is half full of plants from there and the auction. Only silent auction item was the wonderful white mullberry. Maybe next year. Will post more after I am home.

• amulet
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm sorry I didn't post about the convention earlier. I would have liked to have met some people I've been posting with for a while in person. I actually left at about 3:45 AM Sunday to catch my flight home. I'm not sure about next year yet. Pacific Northwest sounds nice, but I'll have to see if I'm able.

Did you write down the names of all of the peonies from the Court of Honor? Also did they announce the 2010 Peony of the Year on Sunday? If you want to send me an email, maybe we can talk more about the show.

• jean5
    13 years ago

I'd love to chat about the convention, the first I've attended as Secretary/Editor of the Midwest Peony Society. Although I was unable to find anything in writing about how the judging works, I know Klehm's won the highest Court of Honor award with 'Flying Pink Saucer'. It was an event geared toward growers and breeders. I loved it but would also love to know more about how the awards are given.

• amulet
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jean,

Did you say you attended the convention this year? I am so dissappointed I didn't post here before the convention so that I could meet some of you. There was a seminar on Friday afternoon at the Rotary Garden Center given by Dana Tretheway called "Entering your Cut Flower Peonies in an Exhibition". I guess maybe you missed this one. It sounds like this would have been great for you. He gave out a document as well for this. I could mail you a copy if you like. Actually the cut flower show has two divisions. One for people with 200+ peonies (growers, sellers, etc.) and one for less than 200 peonies (amateurs, novices, etc.). So you definitely could have entered the show.

• jean5
    13 years ago

Hi amulet,
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you--e-mail issues and I had to change my provider--would you still be able to send me a copy of the document?

• maifleur01
    13 years ago

Amulet, I think I may have seen you at the meeting if your mother bopped your head when you did something wrong. I was getting coffee and you insisted I go first. If it was not you the person had a look on their face like 'I know who you are. But you don't know me'.

Jean you can try the APS site for the information. It was posted there for a while. That is unless Amulet does not have readily available.

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm