Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sarah Burnhardt double pink??

Posted by docbuttons 6A or 7...not sure (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 07 at 20:55

Just got a peony from my wife for fathers day and am curious how large it will get and how much sun it needs. It's currently about 15" tall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sarah Burnhardt double pink??

Sarah is a gorgeous peony-nice gift! She'll get pretty big. Mine gets a good three feet tall, and at least that wide. (Well, it did before I divided it to share, it'll need a couple of years to get back up to snuff) The flower heads are HUGE, so you may want to give it some support. Shouldn't be an issue this year, but something to keep in mine for the future. Mine is in an eastern exposure, and so is out of most of the wind, and stands pretty well on it's own. Peonies like full sun, although in your zone I'd guess it could take some afternoon shade. They're really pretty easy to grow. The smell of this one is wonderful..almost smells like roses, to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here