Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peony blooms

Posted by lilies4me 5 Central IL. (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 21:38

All my life I've become accustomed to having large numbers of semi-opened peonies not bloom...they wither on the vine so to speak. Eventually the blossoms gets mushy and I prune the whole plant to keep it looking nice.

Why don't all the blossoms bloom? A friend just asked me that tonight and I felt like a total dumbie not having an answer.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peony blooms

Do the main buds open for you? Sometimes, the secondary buds don't get opened for me before it gets hot so they "wither on the vine". Doesn't seem to be an issue on the peonies on the east side of my house, but it happens on the west side, so I've always assume it's because it gets too hot for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here