Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Project ID Peonies off to a Poor Start...

Posted by LizinElizabeth 5 (lizbest1@aol.com) on
Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 21:46

Ok, I thought I was organized and this would be easy but am stumped by the first one...this peony opened either yesterday or today. The only others open is Claire de Lune and one of the trees, both Very Early's. I went through every peony name I was able to determine that I've bought and the description doesn't match on any of them. The plant is appx 30" tall and a bit wider. Single buds on long stems, not a single side bud on any stem. Anyone have any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Project ID Peonies off to a Poor Start...

Can it be Saunder's "Firelight"?

o
RE: Project ID Peonies off to a Poor Start...

The flares don't look right to me, firelight should be a dark pink flare. Descriptions also say firelight flops, this stands very straight, even after heavy rain. I don't have Firelight listed in any of the receipts I have, either.
I'm wondering if this one might have been mis-labeled from a bareroot purchase. I might contact the main companies I've bought peonies from to see if any of them recognize the bud, anyway--it looks pretty distinctive to me, hopefully someone will know. Otherwise, it'll be noid #1!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here