Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alabama Peonies

Posted by alabama_jan Zn8AL (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 05 at 23:29

Has anyone in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama area had any luck with peonies? They are supposed to grow from zone 3 to 8 but I have my doubts. Had them in North Carolilna and miss them so much. Afraid that it gets too hot for them here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alabama Peonies

I am on the edge of zones 7-8 and grow the early bloomers like Festiva Maxima with success. I planted them high and they are doing well. It would be unwise to try anything but the earliest bloomers, speaking from experience! :(

o

I'm an hour from you and love my Sarah Bernhardt peonies. This year we had too much rain, they beat the stuffing out of the blooms, but they were shockingly HUGE blooms. They just get bigger every year.

That's been my only peony experience.

o

I was too lazy to go out and check the names of three others that bloom well for me, but I did so today, they are Bowl of Beauty, Sorbet and Mrs. Jueselie

o

I just bought a Sarah Bernhardt today (alrady potted and cut back). It is from last year. I am in Madison. When will it bloom? Will it bloom this year? It looks so scraggley I felt sorry for it all woody spikes poking out of the pot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here