Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to plant Peonie...

Posted by teisa 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 7:23

A friend gave me Several Peonie roots. I've read it is best to plant these in the fall. Is this correct? And how should I store them till then? There is no dirt on these just root/bulb. I'm not for sure the correct terminology.

Tia !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to plant Peonie...

I'd pot them up and keep them watered in a slightly shaded spot until fall, then plant them in the ground. I'm not sure how they'd fare just stored.

o
RE: How to plant Peonie...

You will need to plant these roots now, preferably in pots to keep them alive until fall when you can plant them safely in the garden. Keep the pots in partial shade for now, to let the roots grow into the potting mix, without the mix overheating. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here