Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peony help

Posted by cvb5 7, Atlanta GA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 10:09

Hi everyone-- new member here. I bought my house last year and inherited with it some wonderful perennials, including a peony that bloomed prolifically this year. I added two new peony plants to the planting bed this spring, and all three were thriving. I returned home after a week of vacation and found one of the spring planted peonies looking like this-- see attached photo.

Any help? I have both agri fos and bonide infuse fungicides which I'd rather not use, but purchased to treat my Yoshino cherry trees earlier in the spring.

Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peony help

To me it looks like sunburn not fungus. Your plant may not have been well enough established to be able to absorb enough water from the roots to prevent sunburn. Assuming enough water was available. Al

o

Thanks Al-- I'm keeping an eye on it. So strange that this one suffered so drastically compared to the other two!

o

Could you rig a little temporary shade till it recovers? Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here