Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizbest1

GilbertHWild Sale

lizbest1
9 years ago

Just received a flyer from Gilbert H Wild and they have Joker and Claire de Lune for $15 each with free shipping for orders over $75. They had lots of interesting roots and several heirloom plants, too. Make sure you look at their Buy 1 Get One Free area, had some nice ones! Use code 14fc in the promotional code and get 10% off your order if it's over $100 or bo to get a bonus plant (normally a daylily) if it's less than $100.

Gilbert Wild has had a rep for sending misidentified roots but I ordered 15 or so from them last year, 11 bloomed this spring and all were correct. Hopefully they have a better handle on labeling now.

Comments (11)

• moissy
    9 years ago

Ooh, more temptation. Thanks for pointing out the Buy 1, get 1 page. I completely missed that and saw two varieties from my wish list.

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Thanks, Liz. They are offering some nice peonies this year. I have to order some more Dresden Pink. I just ordered Dresden Pink, Lustrous, Carina, Madame de Verneille. Edward Flynn. Hopefully, their roots are as good as last year's. I ordered 4 peonies from them last year and 3 bloomed this spring.

This post was edited by kousa on Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 14:05

• lizbest1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Glad you were able to find ones you wanted! Make sure you use that 10% off (14fc) if you order over $100 or bo for a bonus plant if it's less than that. Most of the buy one get one plants were less than $15 for 2, brings it down to around $7.50/root! And did you notice they had both Joker and Claire de Lune for $15 each? Those are normally around $40. I ordered a 2nd Joker. My first one was planted last fall but didn't bloom this year. Several that I ordered from GW last fall bloomed this spring, though! The sucky hail really did a number on my blooms this spring--maybe a good bloom year next spring....

Kousa, did you notice that one of the buy 1 get 1 free was Lustrous? It's a Saunders scarlet single. Don't you like the Saunders' peonies? And several were Calot; French from the 1800s, supposedly known for their fragrance.

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Yes, I am excited about getting these two Saunders peonies and at such great price. Can't believe Gilbert Wild offers Lustrous and Carina as a BOGO free. I just hope they will send me correct cultivars. Last time I ordered Carina from another vendor and they sent me a mislabeled peony that looks a lot like Red Grace.

• lizbest1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I must have been mostly asleep when I put in my last post, you had just said you got the Saunders peonies!! Still trying to get back on a day schedule after working 6 12 hour nights!

I've been pretty lucky with GW over the last couple of years, no mislabeled roots. Hopefully yours will be the same!

This post was edited by LizinElizabeth on Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 21:18

• portia
    9 years ago

Wow thanks for this heads up ...I just got 12 peonies and 2 hostas for $100 out the door! We're putting a split rail fence up soon and these will be great to spread along the fence for spring blooms!

• lizbest1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good for you, Portia! Which ones did you get?

• portia
    9 years ago

Mix of Sorbet, Victoire de la Marne, Mons Jules Elie, Albert Crousse, Luella Shaylor, Dresden Pink and Coral Charm.

I noticed they also had Edward Flynn almost 1/2 of the price I am paying from Fina, but I didn't feel like the hassle in trying to cancel part of the Fina order to take advantage of this pricing. So I consoled myself with the others. ;)

• lizbest1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Great selections, Portia. Hopefully the Fina roots will be as huge as they were last year; you won't feel bad at all then! Make sure you label your GW roots and let them know as soon as they bloom if any are wrong. I haven't gotten any mislabeled roots from them in the last couple of years but they've had that rep in the past. Very good customer service if there is an issue, though.

• moissy
    9 years ago

Just placed an order for Lustrous, Krinkled White, Coral and Gold, Ann Cousins and Mothers Choice. Thanks for the Lustrous BOGO tip. I've been wanting a Saunders peony!

• lizbest1
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry to do this to you but Gilbert Wild is having another sale! They still have a good variety of peonies, irises and lilies; daylilies and other perennials are pretty limited. For this sale it's $20 off a $100 order, just enter $FREE$ in the promo/discount box. Shipping is free with them for anything over $75 so that still applies, too. They only accept orders up until Oct 15th so get it in soon or not at all!

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks