Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GilbertHWild Sale

Posted by LizinElizabeth 5 (lizbest1@aol.com) on
Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 10:23

Just received a flyer from Gilbert H Wild and they have Joker and Claire de Lune for $15 each with free shipping for orders over $75. They had lots of interesting roots and several heirloom plants, too. Make sure you look at their Buy 1 Get One Free area, had some nice ones! Use code 14fc in the promotional code and get 10% off your order if it's over $100 or bo to get a bonus plant (normally a daylily) if it's less than $100.

Gilbert Wild has had a rep for sending misidentified roots but I ordered 15 or so from them last year, 11 bloomed this spring and all were correct. Hopefully they have a better handle on labeling now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GilbertHWild Sale

Ooh, more temptation. Thanks for pointing out the Buy 1, get 1 page. I completely missed that and saw two varieties from my wish list.

o

Thanks, Liz. They are offering some nice peonies this year. I have to order some more Dresden Pink. I just ordered Dresden Pink, Lustrous, Carina, Madame de Verneille. Edward Flynn. Hopefully, their roots are as good as last year's. I ordered 4 peonies from them last year and 3 bloomed this spring.

This post was edited by kousa on Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 14:05

o

Glad you were able to find ones you wanted! Make sure you use that 10% off (14fc) if you order over $100 or bo for a bonus plant if it's less than that. Most of the buy one get one plants were less than $15 for 2, brings it down to around $7.50/root! And did you notice they had both Joker and Claire de Lune for $15 each? Those are normally around $40. I ordered a 2nd Joker. My first one was planted last fall but didn't bloom this year. Several that I ordered from GW last fall bloomed this spring, though! The sucky hail really did a number on my blooms this spring--maybe a good bloom year next spring....

Kousa, did you notice that one of the buy 1 get 1 free was Lustrous? It's a Saunders scarlet single. Don't you like the Saunders' peonies? And several were Calot; French from the 1800s, supposedly known for their fragrance.

o

Yes, I am excited about getting these two Saunders peonies and at such great price. Can't believe Gilbert Wild offers Lustrous and Carina as a BOGO free. I just hope they will send me correct cultivars. Last time I ordered Carina from another vendor and they sent me a mislabeled peony that looks a lot like Red Grace.

o

I must have been mostly asleep when I put in my last post, you had just said you got the Saunders peonies!! Still trying to get back on a day schedule after working 6 12 hour nights!

I've been pretty lucky with GW over the last couple of years, no mislabeled roots. Hopefully yours will be the same!

This post was edited by LizinElizabeth on Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 21:18

o

• Posted by portia PA 6B, Brandywine (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 11:33

Wow thanks for this heads up ...I just got 12 peonies and 2 hostas for $100 out the door! We're putting a split rail fence up soon and these will be great to spread along the fence for spring blooms!

o

Good for you, Portia! Which ones did you get?

o

• Posted by portia PA 6B, Brandywine (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 22:17

Mix of Sorbet, Victoire de la Marne, Mons Jules Elie, Albert Crousse, Luella Shaylor, Dresden Pink and Coral Charm.

I noticed they also had Edward Flynn almost 1/2 of the price I am paying from Fina, but I didn't feel like the hassle in trying to cancel part of the Fina order to take advantage of this pricing. So I consoled myself with the others. ;)

o

Great selections, Portia. Hopefully the Fina roots will be as huge as they were last year; you won't feel bad at all then! Make sure you label your GW roots and let them know as soon as they bloom if any are wrong. I haven't gotten any mislabeled roots from them in the last couple of years but they've had that rep in the past. Very good customer service if there is an issue, though.

o

Just placed an order for Lustrous, Krinkled White, Coral and Gold, Ann Cousins and Mothers Choice. Thanks for the Lustrous BOGO tip. I've been wanting a Saunders peony!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here