Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rebloom on Tree Peony

Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 17:15

There is a flower bud on my High Noon Tree Peony! I am super excited! I have heard of rebloom on Lutea hybrids but I do not think it would happen with my High Noon tree peony as it is only in its second growing season. For some reason, in early June it shot up a new branch that literally grows 2 ft in a two month period and then a flower bud. Do you think the cool weather has something to do with this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rebloom on Tree Peony

Congratulations!
High Noon is the most famous reblooming tree peony.

This post was edited by littlebin on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 15:40

o

That it wonderful, Kousa!!! Make sure you post pictures. I got High Noon this spring specifically because of the reblooming possibility but mine's teeny, growing well though. Looking forward to seeing your new tree peony bloom in August! Wow, peonies in August, who'd've thunk it???

o

Here is a pic of it showing how tall it is. All this growth took place in a two and half months period. It maybe about 3ft tall.

o

Here is a closeup of bud. Looks like this branch is suffering from chlorosis.

o

Very beautiful and elegant!

o

Can't wait to see the bloom!! Isn't it great to have a peony blooming in August??!!! Love it!! You are so lucky, Kousa!

o

Has the bloom opened yet, Kousa?

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 13:58

Hi Liz! Not yet, but it is getting bigger. I think it may open next week. I will post a pic when it opens. Maybe the azomite and the cool weather help to make this bloom happen. I am considering to get more Lutea hybrids to grow. I remembered reading somewhere last year that a different variety Lutea tree peony bloomed for a member on Daves Garden

o

Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 13:33

The High Noon peony flower opens today, sooner than I expect! This is what it looks like. It is lovely!

o

Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 13:34

Here is a shot of the whole plant.

o

That's wonderful, Kousa! Love, love, LOVE the fact that a peony, any peony but especially such a beautiful one, can bloom in the late summer! Hope it does it for you every year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here