Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help identify

Posted by denalidreams (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 17:25

Hi--
I uncovered 3 long-lost peony bushes amongst overgrowth in the back yard, and this beauty bloomed soon after the sun was able to reach it.
Could you please help identify the name of this bloom? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help identify

There are quite a few semi-double pinks, you might want to put as much info in a follow-up message as you can provide. What zone are you growing in? Was this actually blooming in mid-July when you posted it? If so it's probably a very late bloomer. Did your other discovered peonies bloom? Before or after this one? How tall/wide is the plant? Is there a single bloom/stem or does it have side blooms? Is the color in the pic pretty accurate? Is it fragrant, if so how much? I don't recognize this one , is there anything completely unique about it that we don't see in the pic? I found a search utility that I've used to try to ID some of my peonies, you might want to try this site to find some likely suspects. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Heartland Peony Society Peony Name Search Database

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here