Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did Anyone's Kirimaru Peony Bloom Last Spring?

Posted by LizinElizabeth 5 (lizbest1@aol.com) on
Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 0:54

I was looking at some old posts and saw the one about the Kirimaru Peony, did anyone have blooms this spring? It looks really pretty, was wondering if anyone had any luck with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did Anyone's Kirimaru Peony Bloom Last Spring?

• Posted by nmay none (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 1:31

I was recently looking into ordering this peony and would like to hear about how others have fared with it as well. There are too few photos and I've heard that it's hard to get established.

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 13:20

I bought mine this past spring so I cannot really say to its performance and habit. It seems to be doing ok in its partial shade location. I can let you know more next spring.

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 15:52

Link to a picture of Kirinmaru from someone who actually grows the plant.

http://allthingsplants.com/plants/view/589148/Peony-Paeonia-Kirinmaru/

Gorgeous is all I can say.

o

You're right, kousa--it's beautiful. It just went on my list for next year! Springhill had it on sale for less than $20 in July but I missed out....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here