Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Milky peony leaves and buds

Posted by Wookiem 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 16:53

Hi,

I have several peonies and they all have developed a milky white coating on the leaves and buds.

It's been a hot dry summer and they are drip irrigated every other day.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks,
Kevin

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Milky peony leaves and buds

You have a powdery mildew problem which is not possible to reverse, only to prevent. Google Peony mildew and read the different options available. Al

o

Thanks Al. I did google and sounds like too much moisture must be the culprit. I'm going to back-off drip irrigation from every 2nd to every 4th day.

Kevin

o

calistoga, could there be another reason also? We have had an exremely dry summer, driest on record, and a couple of my peonies have the same problem. At first, when I noticed it, I thought they were extremely dusty because of the lack of rain. I hosed them down thinking I would rinse the 'dust' off of them. Of course that didn't work so I cut them back to almost ground level. I didn't know what to do and I'm wondering if the whole plant is dead or if it will come back in the spring. Will check on Google and see if they can also help. Thanks so much. BT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here