Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tree poeny

Posted by derfy 5 MI (derfberger@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Aug 25, 09 at 20:36

just noticed the leaves and stems wilting and thought it was lack of water.

It's not.

The stems are turning black, first half and then it completely incircles the stem

suspect Botrytis paeoniae

what fungicides should i use

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tree poeny

If botrytis use copper sulfate. On market under different names.

You may not have any known fungus. Here we had such a long cool wet period the few days that it got in the upper 90's-100 the plants cooked. Some the whole plant cooked, some just certain leaves. The leaves look like they have been sun scalded. I have several plants like this including a double peach colored plant. I am hoping that the plants will recover but as bad as mine look I think they have been toasted.

On the plants with less damage it looks like a line was drawn on the leaf. One part is healthy the other part is black.

Good luck/

o
RE: tree poeny

thanks have already applied copper sulfate and Phisan 20. and cut off all diseased stems

Definately not heat problem as we've been exceptionally cool, , the leaves look fine but wilted, it's the leaf stems that are black.

from all i've read it's a fungus

here is what i got from another source, and the black stem spots are what i have

http://www.ct.gov/caes/cwp/view.asp?a=2823&q=377870

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here