Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesfleursjolies

Tree Peonies Rebloom

KarenPA_6b
10 years ago

I just saw this link about tree peonies rebloom on another peonies forum and would like to share with everybody here. I am also wondering whether anyone on this forum personally have their peonies trees rebloom in the fall?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/kympokorny/2010/11/itoh_peony_fall_rebloom_surpri.html

Comments (2)

• pwin
    10 years ago

Isn't that wonderful? I don't have experience, but I saw this peony in the garden centre (link). If I had known it could potentially rebloom, I would have considered making space for it even though I have none left!

I had intended to buy P. Lutea var. ludlowii this year, but didn't take it with me because I had been stressed for time. Definitely, next year. I think it's beautiful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Facebook page

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

Karen,

That is so cool! Can you imagine if someone actually breeds a reblooming herbaceous peony? Or an Itoh?!! The only negative to peonies at all is the single season bloom! The first truly reblooming peony probably wouldn't be available for 10 years after being marketed because supply would so far outstrip the demand....

Are you kousa on the other site?

This post was edited by LizinElizabeth on Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 22:48

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH