Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me decide on a new peony

Posted by daylilly99 6b northern VA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 07 at 8:29

I decided I can make room for one more right now and want to get the best possible choice for me.

My criteria are it has to be beautiful, double, fragrant to very fragrant, strong stems for cutting and if it didn't require staking that would be wonderful - though I suppose that's not possible with full doubles.

I already have Festiva Maxima, Lady Alexander Duff, Pink Hawaiian Coral, Raspberry Sundae, Raspberry Sorbet/Sorbet?. Also, (thank you Eric) I believe I also have Amalia Olsen, Xi Shi Fen and Xi Shi Lan.

What should be the next name on my list and why? Also, can you recommend where to get it?

Thanks - Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me decide on a new peony

You've got some great ones!

My personal favorite is Vivid Rose. The color is stunning and rich and the scent is lovely. The stems are sturdy, but I do put a ring around them...as it always rains right after it blooms.

I bought mine at Countryman's Peony Farm in Northfield, VT. I don't think they offered it this year.

I'm also fond of my Myrtle Tischler. Then there's Gold Standard and LaPinja...those two are singles, fragrant and don't need to be staked...expanding my envelope! ;-D

Enjoy!
Judye

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here