Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trouble with Tree Peony

Posted by midwestnyc 6 Kansas City (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 05 at 11:14

I am somewhat new to the Tree Peony. I now that it will loose it leafs, but when. They leafs I have on mine seem to be going brown and getting ready to fall off. That seems a bit early. I am hoping that it is not dead, and manybe just going dormant in the heat.

Thanks,
Jase

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trouble with Tree Peony

Jase,

Some of my tree peonies are also looking a bit rough right now. All of the foliage is put on in the spring and by this time of the year it is getting a bit tired. If the tree peony is in its first year then I would assume that it is normal due to not having a lot of root structure yet. The leaves should stay somewhat green until your first hard frost.

You are in the Kansas City area. Hope to see you at the Heartland Peony Sales on October 1st. I know that there will be hundreds of tree peonies there for sale. You can find information on that sale at www.peonies.org/calendar.html

o
RE: Trouble with Tree Peony

I wouldn't worry about it. My leaves look rough, but I give no extra water in a very dry spot and its been a dry year. The leaves will fall when they fall. The other thing is they tend to get fungal infections that can make the leaves unsightly. It isn't too harmful this late in the year, but clean up and destroy infected leaves to prevent the infection coming back stronger next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here