Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any suggestion on where to get Etched Salmon?

Posted by Joopster 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 11:58

Any suggestion on where to get Etched Salmon without having to pay more than $20. I saw couple online but they are all in the $30-$40 per root price range.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any suggestion on where to get Etched Salmon?

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 15:58

I bought peonies from a Mr. Harold Entsminger this year. I saw him listed Etched Salmon for $20 + shipping. If you send him email about it, he may still have some left. His email is: herr_old@yahoo.com

I received his plants on Monday. THey are nice size. Karen

o

Thanks Kousa. Did you get the plant or bareroot? $20 for the plant is pretty decent.

o

Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 16:53

When I say plants, I mean bareroot with eyes, sorry about that. The only potted peony plant I ever bought was a Bartzella plant from Costco. I bought 4 herbaceous peonies and one tree peony from him. THe herbaceous roots are nice size but the tree peony, I am not so sure about it. The tree peony does not seem to have a lot of roots attached to it so I am a bit worried. Hopefully it will make it. Karen

o

Hi Karen, so the herbaceous roots you got from him were nice sized? I did get his list but didn't order this year, thought I'd wait to see what your experience with your roots was and since I'd ordered so many already.....I'm sorry you weren't as impressed with the tree peony. He's a hybridizer himself, right? I assume he also grafts his own tree peonies for sale? Hopefully yours will flourish in the spring.

o

Hi Liz and Joopster. Here is a photo of one of the peonies that Mr. Entsminger sent. This is Salmon Dream, look at the size of the root. Though you can't see them well,there area about 5 eyes on this root. I'd say that I am happy with the purchase. Now, if my tree peony makes it come this spring, I will be a very happy camper. Karen

o

That is amazing. Wow. I might order one from him.

o

• Posted by pwin 8a (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 11:02

lol. Wow Kousa, that's huge. Does he ship internationally? :) I can't find Etched Salmon here for less than $50. Another vendor sells it for $75. $20 is amazing. Heck, $30 is amazing :P

o

I didn't get a reply from Mr. Harold Entsminger. Oh well...

o

Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 11:48

I think that he may be too busy digging and shipping peonies at this time and does not have time to respond to emails. He maybe a one person operation. Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here