Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Anyone Have Lord Cavin?

Posted by jazzmom516 Zone 7 LI, NY (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 11, 06 at 13:05

Seveal years ago I received from Klehm Nurseries a Lord Cavin peony. I planted it and it has never bloomed and has remained at a 18 inch height in my peony garden. I am thinking of transplanting it to another full sun area in my yard and I wonder if I will have to wait another 3 years to see this plant bloom? I did plant it with the eye buds very close to the surface so I am aware of too deep planting of eye buds results in no flowers, just leaves.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Anyone Have Lord Cavin?

I wasn't familiar with it and just did a google search on it.

What a spectacular peony!

I'm curious if you got it moved. Was it in full sun b4 when it didn't bloom?

The other thing I have found that will cause them not to bloom (aside from being too deep), is that they do not get enough sun.

A friend had a whole row of them, and as nearby trees matured, the ones that bloomed became fewer and fewer.

I got starts of some of them and am still waiting to see what they might be, as my friend couldn't remember what they were like b4 they quit blooming years ago.

I hope you get to enjoy it in 2007!

Sue

o
RE: Does Anyone Have Lord Cavin?

I've had the same difficulty with "Leto"- raised it but still no luck. Two others purchased at the same time have been beautiful. Finally moved it next year although it had been in full sun. We will see this year although at this point I'm not sure if I remember where I put it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here