Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Alexander Dumas arrived with no eys...

Posted by Joopster 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 15:42

I ordered Alexander Dumas and Edulis Superba from Gibert H Wild. The Edulis Superba root has plenty of eyes but Alexander Dumas has none.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Alexander Dumas arrived with no eys...

Edulis Superba

o

It is worrying, isn't it, but apparently, it's ok. Check link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Root with no eyes

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 18:55

If you email Gilbert Wild and attach the photo, they will replace the root with a new one.

o

I emailed them. They wouldn't replace it. There reply was "Some of the varieties have just been dug and they have not been in the cooler long enough for their eyes to pop out. They will develop their eyes after they have been planted and the ground cools off." I hope this is the case.

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 18:47

I am sorry to hear that they do not replace. I guess that you can give it a try. It may develop eyes when it is in a growing medium as posted by the above link.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here