Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oath5

Antique/ Heirloom Peonies?

oath5
16 years ago

Hi there, I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I am currently building a new bed that I would love to add peonies too, either herbaceous or tree, I'm not discriminating there, but the thing is I would love to have older varieties that you don't see too often. I see "Bowl of Beauty" everywhere.

Our house is a early 1930's colonial, and my dad told me we used to have a ton of peonies around a long gone roundabout. Whether they've been there since the original owners or the were planted by the owners that lived there during the 50's, I'm not sure, but because we sold land only two survive, one I think is officianalis, it's pink, and kinda stinky in a good way I guess. The other is Festiva Maxima, and I love it very much, I find it's fragrance more refined, I guess like face powder or something.

Anyway, was wondering if there were any other old staples from before the 1940's that we can use in a new bed? Color isn't too much of a problem, it's going to be cottage style, anything and everything is game.

Any suggestions are extremely appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored