Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peony seed offer

Posted by gerry_wyomingpa z6 NEPA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 2, 07 at 20:13

I did not want to put this on the regular seed forum, and I do not see a trade forum for poeny, so please do not be upset :-)

I have about six dozen seeds from a single pink peony that I will send for postage, will ship in small box so that they do not get crushed, safer than an envelope and bubble wrap I think. I figure it is better to offer these to peony growers as you are a bit more knowledgable about the double dormancies and length of time for bloom.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Gerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peony seed offer

I do grow many plants from seed but peony is not one of them. The investment of years of maintenance before finding out if the resulting bloom will be attractive just does not seem worth the effort. Al

o

Gerry, do you plan to grow any tree peony seedlings this year?

My tp seedlings seemed to be happier growing under lights in basement than growing outside; so maybe part of this year's crop will be kept under lights for a full year.

Yes, peonies from seed require a lot of work for long time. Roses from seed provide almost instant gratification: many bloom 1-2 months after germination.
dave

o

I would be happy to send postage for peonies if you still have them left. You can email me your addy but please use this email.
Maria@njboatingsafety.com

o

Would you be interested in trading for root sprouted yellow peonies?(P.Ludlowii) The leaves will sprout next spring if planted now. Would like to try your pink tree peony seeds as I have had lots of success germinating my yellow ones. I have many to trade if anyone else is interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here