Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
peonynursery.com

Posted by jennie_in_mt z3/4 MT (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 07 at 7:39

Several friends and I are working on a large order of herbaceous peonies with peonynursery.com Has anyone worked with them? Were your peonies as described and true to name?
I would so love some feedback on them before we place the order and send that payment! LOL

Thanks!
Jennie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: peonynursery.com

• Posted by rian 7va (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 11, 07 at 8:08

I've ordered tree peonies from them. The plants I received last year were small but very healthy, grown on their own roots, not grafted, and they performed well.

I liked the looks of some of their herbaceous peonies too--just need to talk my husband into giving up some more lawn!

o

Google garden watchdog and look them up.

o

Do you have the proper documentation to import these plants? You may have trouble getting past both Customs and USDA. Several friends have had difficulty the past several years with imports. Either not going through or extra shipping tagged on after arriving in US. None have been fault of shipper or receiver Our government works in strange ways sometimes.

o

Jennie,

I purchased several herbaceous peonies from Peony Nursery in fall of 2001. The peonies made it fine and they were all true to name and nice looking plants. You really should get an import permit to purchase from him.

Good luck,
Leon

o

I received an extensive order from him this year. The herbaceous are essentially small but healthy divisions--the real plus is the price and the relative rarity of his offerings. The suffruticosa and rockii were comparable what American mailorder houses would want 40-50 dollars for and they're not grafted. I would count it as a positive experience overall, although these herbaceous fellows won't be blooming for at least a couple of years judging from their size.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here