Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
J & P has tree peonies for 24.95. anyone try them?

Posted by Irish_rose_grower z7 LI NY (maureenpm00@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Oct 15, 05 at 8:38

HI. I've ordered roses before from Jackson & Perkins and have been very happy with them.

They have 2 tree peonies listed, for 24.95 each. I was wondering how they would compare in size to Song Sparrow or peonygarden.

I figure if I can get a 20% discount from them, if they are decent, I may try them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: J & P has tree peonies for 24.95. anyone try them?

Last year for the first time I found tree peonies at Costco. They were $9.95 and very impressive plants. Because they only had one variety I only bought one. It has done well getting established in the garden. Al

o

Wow Al, 9.95?? That's great. I hate to shop, but I LOVE Costco. I buy all of my bulbs from costco. I don't know whats more awesome, the price or the quality. Their tulip and daffodil bulbs are 1/2 of the other sources price and the quality is top notch. I'll have to look for tree peonies I guess in spring? I'm not sure when they would sell them in New York, but I think it would be very early spring.

Thanks for the info.

Maureen

o

I just dug a tree peony from J&P, my sister-in-law gave it to me years ago. It grew very well, just wasen't named right. The bloom was awesome, but bloomed down in the foilage and you couldn't see it. Wish I had known you wanted one.

o

HI flowergirl - thanks anyway. I have a feeling by the spring I'm going to have lots of peonies.

This is a new addiction that just struck about 2 wks ago.
I'm enjoying it too.

Maureen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here