Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new tree peony care giver!!

Posted by alanoakley Vancouver Isl. (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 16, 05 at 14:09

I have lots of seed from about 20 pods that have opened in two different types of tree peony. Can I plant them in pots and put them in the green house, or should i just put them in the ground?.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new tree peony care giver!!

Peony seeds have multiple dormancies. The easiest way to germinate them is to leave them outdoors and you should get germination within a year. Sometimes you get much faster germination. An unheated greenhouse should be OK. The offspring will not have the same flowers as the parent unless you have a straight species tree peony.

o
RE: new tree peony care giver!!

Some seeds will not germinate when kept at an even temperature even though it is the ideal temperature for that seed. When left outside and subjected to the natural temperature fluctuations they often will germinate quickly at a high percentage. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here