Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chinese Tree Peonies from Sexy Bloomers

Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 18:51

Is there anyone out there who had bought Chinese peonies from Sexy Bloomers? I just wonder if you had a good or bad experience and whether your trees were the correct cultivars that you ordered.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chinese Tree Peonies from Sexy Bloomers

I've gotten on the phone with her and she's a very hard seller. I would suggest going with somebody else.

o

Yes, I also ordered one of Sexy Bloomers tree peonies this year. I was disappointed with the size of the plant. It was listed as being at least 3 to 5 years old and with 1 to 3 top stems. And it was none of those! The grafted stem might have been 5 inches long. Also considering it was supposed to be recently harvested in China the 1 or 2 eye stems that I found looked very stale. I took a chance on this so will have to keep my fingers crossed that it's a hardy soul. Would not order from them again. Janice

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 19:54

I have the same problem with this seller. They completely misrepresented their plants. Their description and picture of the plants are much bigger than what they actually sent. I read reviews of Sexy Bloomers on Dave's Garden Watchdog and many buyers had been screwed by them. I would considered myself one of their victim as well as I too had purchased two plants with about 4 - 8 inches of grafted stems with no root growth from the grafted stems. These plants are probably one year old grafted plants, not the 3-5 years old plants that they claimed these to be. Moreover, it would be definitely tragic for me if these plants do not turn out to be what I ordered 4or 5 years from now. If they lie about the size of the plants, I do not have much confidence in their plants being the correct cultivars of the plants that I had ordered. :(

o

One thing to make sure is to request a picture of a sample of the plant you are getting. I would not trust someone if they use hard selling tactics, and have horrible reviews from some forums.

Sometimes eBay may be even more dependable, but one good deal I've gotten is simply from the local gardening center who got me 2 X 5 gallon monrovia itoh peonies, misaka and takara at $60 a piece.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here