Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Swan

Posted by Nette10 ON (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 1, 13 at 22:11

Would anyone know in Canada or a site in the US that ships to Canada that carries Black Swan? I finally got hold of the Chocolate Soldier ($80) and I only have Black Swan left on my list. Any leads would be appreciated. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Swan

I'd never even heard of Black Swan before your post! Didn't see any sites with it advertised for sale, sorry! Will keep your post in mind and reply again if I see it. Good luck with your search...

o

Black Swan is hybridized by Murawska. It maybe available at Ken Clare's Peony Superstore in Canada. Check out the following links for picture and contact info.

Picture: http://canada-gardens.com/4black-swan.html

Ken's Peony Store: http://www.peonygarden.com/

It does not look like he has it for sale so you may have to email him to request if he would sell you one.

o

Ken Clare passed away several years ago. His peony business is now run by his son. I understand that Ken had a generous collection of peonies, but that he also imported many from all over the world and distributed them to those who purchased the peonies from his website (it used to have :hundreds: of peony varieties). I agree with Kousa: ask his son if he has it.

I've also encountered a listing for it on a photo website. The gallery belongs to the owner of Les Jardins Osiris. However, I can't get on it. There seems to be some trouble with the connection, as well as the connection to the business webpage. Osiris might have Black Swan. You may want to ask there, too.

This post was edited by pwin on Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 17:09

o

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I emailed peonygarden.com in the hopes of finding one. I also mentioned that I'm looking for it on my thank you notes (yes, I wrote a thank you card to all whom I ordered from...lol). If I put it out there, I hope it would come:). Kindly remember my Black Swan when you're skimming pages! Thanks again!

o

I spied it growing at Brooks Gardens (Oregon) last spring. I think it is two years out before they will be selling it. Very nice, dark bloom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brooks Gardens

o

I am still looking for this plant - if anyone hears about one for sale, pls think of me! Thank you!

o

I think I just saw Black Swan for sale in an advertisement from Blossom Hill this weekend. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here