Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bartzella source in Vancouver BC

Posted by oshenar rainy West Coast z8 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 3, 06 at 22:35

For peony growers in Vancouver, BC area:

For those who know what Bartzella is (yellow Itoh peony), the local GardenWorks (Lougheed branch)in my area is having a plant sale. I got three for 30 bucks each. They have other Itoh hybrids there too. Bartzella as some of you know is sold for about 300 dollars before. (I got my first plant for 250 dollars / tiny three eye division. ouch!). Anyway there is a local wholesaler doing the propagating here so things will indeed get cheaper and Itohs will be more widely available hopefully. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bartzella source in Vancouver BC

• Posted by goted z8-9 Van, CAN (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 3, 06 at 23:41

Hi Oshenar,

Were there many left for sale? If so, I'll probably pop out for a look. What size are they?

Thanks!

o

• Posted by oshenar rainy West Coast z8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 4, 06 at 1:37

They are in 3-4 inch square blue pots. Not too big, but I paid 250 for the same size mail ordered two years ago from Fraser Thimble. So for 30 bucks it's not bad a deal. Due note that becuase it's already fall, they may look decievingly unimpressive. There should still be quite a few left (the other variety I remember is the pink Itoh Cara Louise). Just make sure you check the sale area, where there are vats and shelves of plants.

o

I'm curious as to how they're being propagated.

Are these the tissue cultured plants I've been reading about?

R

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here