Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone knows where to buy tree peony directly from japan?

Posted by silasxiao (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 20, 09 at 9:11

hi guys,
i'm new here, as well as new to tree peony. but my dad seems to fall in love with it. he can't speak english. so here i'm to ask on behalf of him.
does anyone know where to buy tree peony directly from japan? such as a japanese company web address, email? anything?
i googled it for hours while seems most of companies are either american or european. since my dad stay in mainland china, we think but them directly from Japan are more econ
any clue will be highly appreciated.
thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone knows where to buy tree peony directly from japan?

I am not aware of the import restrictions or need for an import license in China to import from Japan but most import licenses come with all kinds of problems. Since your dad lives in China there are several growers in China that have Japanese origin tree peonies in their stock so you might want to check the Chinese vendors. Most of the ones that I have worked with sell wholesale so I would rather not advise on which ones are best.

If you look through the messages here there was a person that grew cuttings in China that might be able to supply your dad. I will attempt to locate his name but it will have to be in a couple of days. Perhaps your dad would like someone to discuss tree peonies with and this connection could provide that discussion.

o
RE: anyone knows where to buy tree peony directly from japan?

Sorry I can not locate the user name of the person I mentioned. Perhaps he will see this or someone will remember his user name.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here