Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free Shipping at Brooks Gardens

Posted by LizinElizabeth 5 (lizbest1@aol.com) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 18:44

Just put in my final, FINAL peony order for the year. Was researching sellers of a few Itohs and noticed Brooks Gardens was having a sale--free shipping on peony orders of 1-6 roots. Doesn't say when it's going to end but did say it was a short time sale. Ended up getting 2 Itohs, Callie's Memory and Morning Lilac, a well as 2 herbaceous, Leona Weinberger and Royal Rose.

I ordered from them earlier in the year, had nice, average sized roots with 4-6 eyes and gave good service. Haven't ordered from them before this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free Shipping at Brooks Gardens

I ordered plants from them at the end of November last year, they sent nice tubers. My Pastel Splendor had 2 blooms this spring, it had only been planted since December 16th.

o

The good new is that the free shipping is good through November 20, and they seem to have excellent service - they answered my email within a couple of hours on a Sunday evening. The bad news is, us north of the border gardeners are out of luck - $40 for up to 10 plants plus an additional $30 for a phytosanitary certificate. So sad!

LizinElizabeth: Callie's Memory looks absolutely gorgeous!

o

Here's hoping they bloom next spring, redwolfdoc! Sorry it didn't turn out to be a good deal for Canadians. You guys have some pretty amazing growers, though--the biggest roots from the fall were from north of our border! Haven't seen some of the Itohs anywhere in the US....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here