Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinkangel420

HAVE: Genuine South Korean chile pepper seeds

pinkangel420
16 years ago

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been on these forums. I used to be an active trader here on GW until I came temporarily to work in South Korea last year. I didn't know how much I'd miss the states. Now it's spring planting time and I'm itching to get my garden started. The problem is, there isn't much of a selection here in Korea for seeds. Don't get me wrong - there's a huge garden avenue in downtown Seoul but Koreans are pretty much happy with their staples - lettuce, cabbage, radish, hot peppers (talk about variety here!), and their run of the mill flowers - zinnias, 4 oclocks, red salvia, and pansies.

However, what I have to offer for trade are genuine Korean hot pepper seeds used in making kimchi. I harvested these myself while I was down in the countryside of Ichon during the kimchi making festival last October-November. There will be 30 seeds/trade. I also have other native Korean seeds available such as white cotton, purple aquileglia (limited), Impatiens balsaminia (Koreans wrap the petals of these flowers around their fingernails when they sleep to get a natural manicure), a broken fushia and yellow four o'clock mix, Korean wisteria, persimmon, jujube, and korean morning glory seeds.

I also have access to commercial seeds if you have a request for something in particular. They've got everything from other varieties of hot peppers, korean sweet melons, pumpkins, squash, balloon flower, etc. Just name it and I'll see if I can get it for you. Here are some of the items I'm looking for:

Hot peppers:

Rocoto - yellow or red. You would make my day!

Bishop's crown

Fish

Trifetti

Black pearl and or any other dark purple foliage pepper

Wenk's yellow hot

Lemon drop

Make an offer - I left my entire seedbox at home not knowing how long I was going to be working here (2 years!)

Tomatoes- looking for heirlooms, especially cherry types

Check my list for other stuff I'm looking for. I know you've probably got your seeds started. Postal service takes 10 days on average to get things from me to my folks in NJ.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Comments (5)