Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
georgew79

WANTED: C. lanceolatun and one C. galapagoens growing

georgew79
13 years ago

Hi all, I have been thinking about getting some C. lanceolatum seeds, but I know very little about this species, I know most wild peppers are hot, but I know too that some are bland and don't have any heat to speak of.

So I was wondering if C. lanceolatun is hot or not and if the seeds germinate easy or not? I have a C. eximium that I grew the seeds germinate fairly easy compared to the C. galapagoens that I finally grew for the first time, I have tried 3 times and failed three times, but this time was different after two months, I finally got one to come up and I only planted one seed! I planted a C. tovarii along with it, they too take a long time to germinate and I'm hoping it will be sticking its head up out of the ground soon. I planted some wild Chiltepin seeds that for some reason has not come up yet and may have rotted, but I will wait a while longer before I give up on them and start some more. I have a C. praetermissum that has come up also, along with it and the others are all quite hot and produce a number of pods.

I started most of these peppers late in the season except for my C. eximium and a C. cardenasii which I overwintered from last year they and the others will be overwintered this coming fall and winter and I will be building a Table with grow lights that can be raised and lowered as needed and also I will make it so I can lower the table also.

I have so many house plants a couple that are over 18 years old that I move in and out each year and each year they get bigger and harder to move because of their weight, They take up so much room in my extra bed room that I have a hard time kepping everything under the lights I have during the winter, but I will have to break down and fined a new home for some of them, so that I will have roome for my peppers and all the seedlings that I start for my garden each year.

Well I hope that every one has a great season, I have sure have had a interesting one so far.

George W.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting