Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
green_passion

Free Seeds from Ottawa

green_passion
9 years ago

I have got a lot of seeds from Bill the Ottawapepper, Thank you Bill :) Selectively I grow some of them, sorry I do not have enough space :(

Peach Ghost Ottawa
{{gwi:2129758}}

Yellow Ghost Ottawa

{{gwi:2129759}}

Datil Ottawa

{{gwi:2129760}}

Numex Ottawa
{{gwi:2129761}}

Red Ghost Josh
{{gwi:2129762}}

Red Ghost Tim
{{gwi:2129763}}

Jelly Bean Semillas.de

{{gwi:2129764}}

Thanks, Bill, Josh and Tim for the seeds.

Comments (22)

• peppernovice
    9 years ago

Those are some good looking seedlings! Take good care of them and you'll be rewarded with lots of heat. There are a lot of good people on this site. I'm always amazed at the generosity of the members here.

Tim

• User
    9 years ago

Veto,

Looking very nice, good job!

I noticed some rockwool cubes in your shots. Are you growing hydroponically as well as in pots with mix or are you just starting in it and transferring into pots with mix?

Wishing you a great growing season in Denmark. Keep up informed on your progress.

Bill

• green_passion
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tim, we have a lot of good generous and knowledgeable members I am very proud of them. Abundance of tips I got from here.

Bill, I got some rockwool cubes, so just I am experimenting, I do not grow hydroponically, they are going to be re-potted in potting soil, one of them already re-potted, so far no problems. I will update the progress.

My usual problem of every season is hardening off. Last season I lost the first batch. This season I have planned better but still worried. So I keep some seeds for possible second batch.

I have many varieties from super hot to bell pepper, I will post here latter.

A couple of overwinter-pants

2 Ghost X and 1 Carolina Reaper

{{gwi:2129765}}

Thanks

Veto

• rastoma
    9 years ago

I'm very new here. Just curious is this some kind of deal or request for some seeds? I just made a post asking for an easy to grow superhot and where to get the cheapest price for seeds as income is so limited right now.

Sorry if I have misunderstood the title/post.

• judo_and_peppers
    9 years ago

Ottawa-the-Bill? I think that's gonna be what I call him from now on.

• green_passion
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Judo, Bill the Ottawapepper, its better? :) It is OK to call him Ottawa-the-Bill for me.

I do not have skills of writing communications so I am avoiding participation on other threads or subjects as much as possible. I read the posts including many of yours regularly but I did not post any comment most of the time because I am not good at with it as I said.

I supposed to comment to your posts long time ago these following few words. You could be the first forum member who makes sauces for marketing, it is fantastic. I gave an example of you to my friends and family. I encourage them to do just like you do. Thanks for sharing your experiences in the forum; it is motivating to the other growers too. As I mentioned before I read the forum regularly, please keep writing and be successful to your sauce business.

Veto

• judo_and_peppers
    9 years ago

thank you for the kind words. it's still a work in progress. and there's still a lot left to be done (part of why I don't post as much anymore, I'm always busy).

but for the record, I know people for whom english is their first and only language, and don't type it as well as you. there's no need to hold back from posting.

• User
    9 years ago

What judo said

I'll bet your english is better than most members Danish ;-)

• green_passion
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Judo and Bill, everything is fine with me I really enjoy to read both of your posts. As much as possible I tried to be honest :)

Ito

• rastoma
    9 years ago

Thank you for letting me know what this was about green-passion.

I have since gotten quite a few Carolina Reaper seeds from Ebay and I was wondering how to describe them as not being from a specific strain or absolutely pure since I haven't tried to grow them yet... and even though the Ebay seller had very high feedback, I would not want to pass something along that's not 100% accurate. So I appreciate seeing your descriptions of using 'non-isolated'. That's what I will use on mine too just to be safe.

And thank you for the kind offer for the seeds. That is awesome of you.

I don't want to attempt too many new plants at once since I'm still developing general garden experience. I looked up those Lemon Drops and while not a super hot the reviews say they have great flavor and would love to try those.

I'll pm you my address. And I can send you some stamps or something first if you let me.

This post was edited by rastoma on Fri, Jan 16, 15 at 17:47

• green_passion
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Rastoma, Ebay and Amazon have so many unreliable sellers, so many of our forum members do not encourage us to buy seeds from them. Only once I bought Trinidad Scorpion Moruga seeds from ebay.co.uk I was lucky the seller was www.hellhotpeppers.com and my seeds were OK. I hope your Carolina Reaper seeds could be true and good luck.

Lemon Drops is non-isolated but they are real. I like the taste for fresh eating and pickle. I will send some other varieties too, if you do not like to grow just give it to your friends.

Shipping is not expensive, just PM your posting address to me and I will send the seeds to you. Thanks for the PM.

Ito

• green_passion
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I haven't got the postal address from you, Rastoma, may be you found better seeds sources :)

I got another PM it's originated from the gardenweb asking for seeds. I am looking for his/her posts in the forum but cannot find it. I tried the search engine but not much helpful. I love to offer seeds to our forum members who are interested.
    Ito

This post was edited by green-passion on Fri, Jan 23, 15 at 8:10

• shnobie7310
    9 years ago

I'm new to Super hot's and i would love some super hot's seeds...Thanks

VL

email-shnobie7301@yahoo.com

• green_passion
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shnobie, PM your postal address to me and I will send the seeds to you.

Ito

• dawn1972
    9 years ago

Ito,
    I am in love with hot peppers could I possibly get some seeds from you. I am new to seed swapping and am hoping to pay it forward next year. Thanks.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Dawn, I'll send you some Lemon Drops. It's a C. baccutum, very hot.

• shnobie7310
    9 years ago

Green- I just send you my address to your email.

Thank You!!!

• Crystal Godwin
    8 years ago

Green_passion :: I would like to receive some seeds for my garden. how would I get some from you? I just joined this website forum today, so im new. I love planting and gardening, im also a huge bird lover.

• kentishman
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Crystal, where do you live? If you're in the U.S., maybe I can help with seeds. Tom

• Crystal Godwin
    8 years ago

Yes I am in North Carolina. That would be great. Thanks

• kentishman
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Crystal, are there any particular varieties you'd like? I've saved seeds for several varieties I've grown. Starting out, I grew a lot of the hot ones, and now I'm growing ones I like to cook with. You can email me at king1823@gmail.com and we'll figure out what you'd like.

Sponsored