Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
s_s_tupperware

Fatali peppers

s.s.tupperware
15 years ago

Anyone growin any? I have a few seeds that are coming my way and wondered what kind of success ya had...

Comments (14)

• fiedlermeister
    15 years ago

Did well for me in a pot and they were quite hot

• spencersmom
    15 years ago

That's good news about the pot because I'm not 100% sure where everything is going yet.

My seeds are just starting to sprout. It's been about 2 weeks.

• habbob
    15 years ago

That is one of my favorites. Very lemony citrus flavor and smell. Hot as s--t btw. One of those and two carribean reds in some ground italian sausage was the best pizza I've ever had. Good producer in my opinion. Gorgeous gnarly looking bright yellow peppers.

The first time I cut one open, the smell was so unique that I will never forget it. Like the sweetest lemon you ever smelled but you could smell the heat as well.

-HabBob

• chesnut_rabbit
    15 years ago

I planted a few seeds at the end of December and have had zero germination. The seeds are two years old and we've had a bit of a cold snap, the ambient temperature in the house has been in the low 70's.

I'm going to try some more on a wet paper towel with a heating pad. I hope to that will work.

• organicpepper_grower
    15 years ago

I use a mini green house (3x2x3.5) and a plant light along with a cfl bulb for heat, with that combo I can keep my greenhouse at about 30C and that helps with germination.

• jtrux
    15 years ago

I am also trying my hand at the Fatalii. have what look like healthy sprouts, but unlike my other sprouts, the fatali does not seem to grow. I have the first set of leaves, and a second set of very small leaves (1/6 size of first leaves), both very green but have been at that stallmate for last 2 weeks. are these naturally slow growers? roots are growing out the bottom of my 4" round peat pots.

Jeremy

• chesnut_rabbit
    15 years ago

I'm happy to say, I have two seeds that have just popped up from the soil. It's been almost a month. Slow starting little boogers!
    Hopefully they'll be worth the wait :D

• s.s.tupperware
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I am still waitin on my seeds from a fishin forum I am on... hope he comes thru I really want to try some...

• spencersmom
    15 years ago

Yep, Fataliis and Fishin' ... I can see the parallel. :)

My sprouts are very little. They took a couple weeks longer than the other varieties and I started them on 1/10/09. They are worth the wait though!

• nas1234
    15 years ago

I started them 2 weeks ago along with some other Chinenses, some Baccatum, and some Pubescens. At least one of everything has germinated except for the Fatali and the Piquin. But two weeks isn't long enough for me to give up hope.

• spencersmom
    15 years ago

Tupperware.. I may be able to help calm your Fatalii seed anxiety. Fire me an email if those seeds don't arrive.

Erin

• chillithwillyway
    15 years ago

Any 1 got extra seeds

for any crosses like naga X Bell or something

Email. Xavierdogbreeder@msn.com

• kutang_tang
    15 years ago

Hello everyone, been growing peppers for some time now, always frequent the forum, yet just getting to post. I have been growing Fatali peppers now for about 4 seasons here in Hawaii. I have always had good results in growing them. They have always been heavy producers, and been healthy. I enjoy the heat levels and aroma of them. I have plenty of seeds, if any would like, please contact me, I would be willing to trade some seeds for them. I grow over 40 different peppers here at my place, and would not mind sharing seeds.
    Thanks

• Fatallii68
    11 years ago

I just got some Fatalli's from Hirts off of Amazon & they seem to growing very slowly. What is the usual growth rate of Fatallii peppers?