Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eaglejohn1

Anybody need Bhut seed?

eaglejohn1
12 years ago

I have been on this forum for many years, but don't post often(for those who don't recognize me)

My friend grows only bhut jalokias and he gave me several baggies of peppers. I have cleaned about 1/3 and have over 700 seeds so far. Not to mention I can get 1000's of more seeds.

I am looking to trade or give away some of these.

I am looking especially for super hots and exotics(7 pod, devils tongue, naga morich, etc).

Don't need habs

Also could use tomato seeds.

Send me an email on what you have and how many you want.

If you don't have anything, that's ok. Send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll send you over 25 seeds.

Also, I have the dried pods with the seeds not removed if you would like. (saves me the trouble of cleaning and you get to eat the pods).

John
p.s. I am in South Florida andthese plants are growing huge with large peppers currently.

margaritavilleparrots AT gmail.com

Comments (65)

• armac1965
    12 years ago

Tried again Bruce.

Thanks

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

armac1965: I got it this time. Just let me know what varieties you want. I listed what I have in the return email.

t-bird: It doesn't hurt to grow them. Just be careful when you harvest and process the fruit. You probably won't be eating too many of them but just to be able to say you have Ghost Peppers is kind of fun. I am considering growing one Butch T Trinidad Scorpion simply because it is now considered the hottest. By the way, if anyone has a few extra Butch T seeds, I would appreciate a couple.
    Bruce

• armac1965
    12 years ago

Bruce, I must be having trouble with my email. Shoot the previous email to armac1965@gmail.com. Also include your address I can spare a few Butch t seeds for you.

• armac1965
    12 years ago

Bruce, I must be having trouble with my email. Shoot the previous email to armac1965@gmail.com. Also include your address I can spare a few Butch t seeds for you.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

ARMAC:
    I sent you an email to armac1965 with my address and list of what I can send. Tell me what you want and also include your address.
    THanks,
    Bruce

• gardenunusual2
    12 years ago

Hi Eaglejohn,

If you can spare a pod or two, I would love some to try again this year. Had no luck last year, I'm not giving up!

I have tomatoes for slicing and canning. Off the top of my head, I have costoluto genovese, San marzano2, black cherry, Toma verde tomatillo, aunt rubys German green, cosmonaut volkov.

Can't thank you enough, these are a great challenge for me!

• armac1965
    12 years ago

Bruce your Butch Ts went out today................enjoy

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Rodney, thanks a bunch. I will probably be starting my seeds mid next week so that should be perfect. You should get your seeds early next week. Let me know when you do.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

• armac1965
    12 years ago

Got them today Bruce, hope your seeds made it in.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Yes, Rodney, mine also arrived today. They looked like they got a little crushed though. I think the letter went through some post office equipment and maybe crushed them. But I think they will be mostly OK. I only need a couple plants out of the lot. One for me and one for my son.
    Thanks, that about rounds out my meager little list for 2012.
    Bruce
    PS: I thought I sent you an email this am letting you know I got them.

• scotty66
    12 years ago

quick update: I GOT BHUT SPROUTS!!!

I planted 36 bhut seeds in 12 starter pellets on 1/15/12 and this weekend I saw 4 sprouts (in 3 pellets).

Roughly 13 days from planting. They are now sitting under a 4' shop light.

Guess I should run to Home Depot and pick up some miracle grow cactus soil... I'm sure I'll be transplanting soon.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Congratulations. another proud papa.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Hey, Scotty66, were those from seeds that I sent to you?
    Bruce (Esox07)

• scotty66
    12 years ago

Yes sir Bruce, those were your seeds!

I thought the super hot seeds would take longer to sprout, especially since I couldn't find anyplace in the house that was 80 degrees (stupid energy efficient refrigerator!).

My indoor temp is probably in the upper 60's to low 70's right now. don't think the wife would of let me ramp up the heat to 80. :)

• patty_b
    12 years ago

Do you happen to have any of the yellow Bhut??

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Patty:
    I don't, sorry. But I am sure someone out there does.
    Bruce

• daisydawnny
    12 years ago

I have lurked here for 3 years, I would LOVE to grow Ghost Peppers. Maybe next year.....

• julia42
    12 years ago

You may not have any left now, but I sent you an email too, just in case. I'd love some seeds!

• lao
    12 years ago

hi i'm new to these forums, i have naga morich seed straight from Bangladesh brought it back with me in January so quite fresh. i have germinated about 50 seedlings, and have some seed to spare. I live in the U.K

• simsedward
    12 years ago

I also have some bhut seeds I can spare as I have all I need for this year.
    E mail me if you need any
    edwardsims9@sbcglobal.net

• daisydawnny
    12 years ago

Thanks to the generosity of one of the forum members, I received Bhut seeds!!!! I am so excited and can't wait for sprouts. Wish me luck! And thank you!!!!!

• daisydawnny
    12 years ago

Just wanted to post here and say I am doing the happy dance! I have sprouts!!!!!

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Hahahaha. Great. But where are the pictures. We like pictures.

Bruce

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

I do as well Bruce! I'll take some later on :) I marked them as "Esox Bhuts".

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

LOL
    Bruce

• Oystereater
    12 years ago

My first Butch T. Sprout!

• aznboi385
    12 years ago

Man it seems like I missed out on some fun!

• pcolahot
    12 years ago

Was wondering if you had any seeds left..I would be interested in some...Its great what you are doing..
    John

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

John: I have a few left if you want some. email me at:
    pepperpikker@gmail.com with our address and I will get some out in tomorrow's mail.
    Bruce

• pcolahot
    12 years ago

Thanks Bruce Email sent!

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

pcolahot: I Got it, seeds going out in Saturday's mailing.

Just FYI for others: I am now about out of Bhut seeds. I have sent out many this year and hope all that got them are having good luck.
    Bruce

• pcolahot
    12 years ago

Thanks Bruce looking forward to the seeds.Will let you know when I receive them.

• ottawapepper
    12 years ago

Good on you Bruce, sharing the heat/wealth.

Nice.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

I have sent out about 25 or more packs of seeds this winter to approximately 15 people. Just seems ridiculous for people to have to pay $5 or more for ten seeds. It just costs me .45 to send a couple dozen. It isn't like I am every going to use them all. I didn't really harvest seeds from all that many peppers but when some of the pods put out 50 or 100 seeds, it doesnt take many.
    But just for everyone's information: I no longer have any more Bhut seeds to give away. The last two shipments are going out monday. I'm tapped.
    Bruce

• aznboi385
    12 years ago

dang I wish I had asked for some :(

Bruce, you're a pretty nice guy for sending these out on your own dime. Kudos to ya.

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    12 years ago

Hi Aznboi385,

It you are still looking for Bhut seeds shoot me an email, I have some left and don't mind sharing.

Mark

• simsedward
    12 years ago

I still have some Bhut seeds too if anyone is interested...I agree with Bruce...no sense wasting them and I will harvest a ton more this fall.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

I sent about 16 different people some Bhut seeds. Seemed like a third of them went to addresses in Texas. Is there a shortage down there or do you guys just like hot peppers???

Bruce

• aznboi385
    12 years ago

I'm interested!!! Where can I send my info?

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Aznboi385: I would send you some but I am tapped out. I have enough left for my own use is all. But chances are good someone on the list can set you up. It is always a good idea to offer to send a SASE so the person doesn't have to pay for postage also.
    Bruce

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    12 years ago

Aznboi385 Email me and I will send you some

Mark

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    12 years ago

Hi Aznboi385
    Got your email, Will be in the mail tomorrow.

Mark

• venividibitchy
    12 years ago

Hi,

Am I too late? Definitely interested in some seeds-

Thanks-

• Ajetturner
    12 years ago

If anyone has a few extra hot pepper seeds left I would like to try growing some in my garden this year. Thanks

• skycopp
    12 years ago

Thanks to Simsedward for the seeds. My Bhuts have sprouted and are about 3/4 inch tall. They are a little bit of slow growers, but hopefully this warmer weather we've been having lately will help speed things up.

• Armageddon
    12 years ago

i have some Bhut Seeds i can share also i am looking for some Butch T seeds & the TRINIDAD SCORPION MORUGA Strain also any other Extreme heat pepper seed i have lots of room for plants can contact me at pepperhead@letitflowcreations.com

• Armageddon
    12 years ago

just a test 2011 Bhut Jolokia pepper i think i figured it out here are few of my plants from last season i still have some seed left .

{{gwi:1139762}}

{{gwi:1139764}}

• rockymountainkat
    12 years ago

I would love some bhut seed, and also looking for Trinidad Scorpion as well. Armageddon I am going to send you an email. I don't have seeds to trade yet.

• Armageddon
    12 years ago

rockymountainkat check your email Cheers :)

• thismembername
    11 years ago

im looking for some bhut seeds, scorpion also