Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chilliwin

Please help the little Ghost

chilliwin
11 years ago

This seedling has leave problems it has transparent and something is not normal please have a look.

{{gwi:1139796}}

The seedling is Ghost Red. This problem started about a month ago and the soil was 1 part of perlite,1 part of peat moss and 1 part of compost. Since 15.01. 2013 it has been in the 5:1:1 it has grown bigger and greener than before but the leave transparency is not disappear.

Please help me to identify this problems and find remedies.

Regards,

Caelian

Comments (9)

• leafericson
    11 years ago

Hi Caelian,
    If I look closely at the tip of the leaf and to the left and right of the leaf it appears to have three white fungus rings. Hard to tell from the picture.

How did the milk spray work for your other Ghost plants?

Eric

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Eric,

The white spots are from the dry water. You have very sharp eyes, thank you.

Only one leaf has problem of transparency,the smallest leave I cannot tell, it is too tiny. (correction - the seedling is Ghost Yellow).
    {{gwi:1139798}}

The other plants are getting better the white spots are disappeared still I keep apply the milk on the leaves.

Thanks,

Caelian

• leafericson
    11 years ago

I had a feeling they were water spots, just needed to confirm.
    Since only one leaf has this problem I would have to say it is genetics, every once in a while I have a mutant leaf. I either pinch it off or use a sterile knife or scissors to remove it.
    Now if you get more than one leaf like this, you have a problem.
    So glad to hear the Red Ghost is doing better!

Eric

• DMForcier
    11 years ago

I agree. Snip it off and throw it far away. Worry only if you see more.

Also, if there is "natural" leaf fall, remove the fallen from the field of battle, just in case.

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    11 years ago

:)Just I removed it :)

This seedling is very leggy I do not use grow lights regularly.

{{gwi:1139800}}

{{gwi:1139802}}

{{gwi:1139803}}

Am I too fast ! :))

Thank you all.

Caelian

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Hi Caelian,

"This seedling is very leggy I do not use grow lights regularly. "

Do you alternate between grow lights and sun from a window? Just wondering how they will do as they grow until you can plant them outdoors.

Mark

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Mark,

When I haven't got sunshine many days then I use "energy light/day light". It is a disadvantage of early sowing without grow lights. I am thinking to buy grow lights, one of our local chili enthusiasts selling "Epistar 10w LED Grow Spot light". This year is my experimental year for container gardening. My objective right now is to keep my plants healthy until the time comes for outdoor.

Caelian

• thismembername
    11 years ago

i would say another good objective is to keep your plants as health as possible indoors, for as cheaply as possible.

growing indoors can get costly

• chilliwin
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your time, opinion and advice.

New container gardener,
    Caelian

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor