Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help the little Ghost

Posted by chilliwin 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 8:17

This seedling has leave problems it has transparent and something is not normal please have a look.

Photobucket

The seedling is Ghost Red. This problem started about a month ago and the soil was 1 part of perlite,1 part of peat moss and 1 part of compost. Since 15.01. 2013 it has been in the 5:1:1 it has grown bigger and greener than before but the leave transparency is not disappear.

Please help me to identify this problems and find remedies.

Regards,

Caelian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help the little Ghost

Hi Caelian,
If I look closely at the tip of the leaf and to the left and right of the leaf it appears to have three white fungus rings. Hard to tell from the picture.

How did the milk spray work for your other Ghost plants?

Eric

o

Hi Eric,

The white spots are from the dry water. You have very sharp eyes, thank you.

Only one leaf has problem of transparency,the smallest leave I cannot tell, it is too tiny. (correction - the seedling is Ghost Yellow).

Photobucket

The other plants are getting better the white spots are disappeared still I keep apply the milk on the leaves.

Thanks,

Caelian

o

I had a feeling they were water spots, just needed to confirm.
Since only one leaf has this problem I would have to say it is genetics, every once in a while I have a mutant leaf. I either pinch it off or use a sterile knife or scissors to remove it.
Now if you get more than one leaf like this, you have a problem.
So glad to hear the Red Ghost is doing better!

Eric

o

I agree. Snip it off and throw it far away. Worry only if you see more.

Also, if there is "natural" leaf fall, remove the fallen from the field of battle, just in case.

o

:)Just I removed it :)

This seedling is very leggy I do not use grow lights regularly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Am I too fast ! :))

Thank you all.

Caelian

o

Hi Caelian,

"This seedling is very leggy I do not use grow lights regularly. "

Do you alternate between grow lights and sun from a window? Just wondering how they will do as they grow until you can plant them outdoors.

Mark

o

Hi Mark,

When I haven't got sunshine many days then I use "energy light/day light". It is a disadvantage of early sowing without grow lights. I am thinking to buy grow lights, one of our local chili enthusiasts selling "Epistar 10w LED Grow Spot light". This year is my experimental year for container gardening. My objective right now is to keep my plants healthy until the time comes for outdoor.

Caelian

o

i would say another good objective is to keep your plants as health as possible indoors, for as cheaply as possible.

growing indoors can get costly

o

Thank you all for your time, opinion and advice.

New container gardener,
Caelian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here