Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kuvaszlvr

Blonde

kuvaszlvr
11 years ago

Hey guys, has anyone here ever grown Blonde? I'm curious as to it's flavor and heat.
Pam

Comments (17)

• sunnibel7 Md 7
    11 years ago

I'm a natural blonde, and my husband thinks I'm pretty hot!

Sorry, couldn't help myself there. Never grown that pepper.

• smokemaster_2007
    11 years ago

C.Baccatum

Have seeds I haven't grown yet.

Lots of stuff out there if you Google "Blondie".

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics

• chilliwin
    11 years ago

Is "Rocoto De Seda" blonde? It is C.pubescens. They are seedling,they are hairy with a very unique personality.

Caelian

This post was edited by chilliwin on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 10:40

• sandysgardens
    11 years ago

I bought some blonde seeds, amongst others, from a German company this year and will be growing them for the first time. Info on the web sounds promosing and pics look good too.

Sandy

• smokemaster_2007
    11 years ago

Chile De Seda/Rocoto De Seda are different colors.
    I've seen Red , Orange and yellow pods,never seen it in white.

There is a white Rocoto that is a very light yellow.

I've only seen a white Manzano once.

{{gwi:1140614}}

{{gwi:1140615}}

• chilliwin
    11 years ago

My Rocoto is orange. So it is not blonde :) I think. Blonde is like blonde color!

Caelian

• kuvaszlvr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

yeah, it looks like an Aribibi Gusano to me. I have searched on it "Blonde pepper" and "Blondie pepper" and haven't found anything other than some really weird sites. The only info that I have found on it is on pepperlover's site. I'd just like some more info, mostly heat level. Here is a photo (pepperlover won't let you copy the photo so I'm putting the link.

http://pepperlover.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=167&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

btw, concerning Rocoto, do they not do well in the heat? I tried growing the red one a couple of years ago, we had our usual 2 months of 100+ degrees and it just barely survived while all my other peppers plants did great. I didn't try growing it again.

You're forgiven Sunnibel.... ;-)

• sandysgardens
    11 years ago

Here's another forum that has a conversation from a few years ago about Blondy - Nice pics of Blondy growing and then riping to a nice ivory Capsicum baccatum

http://c2cpeppers.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=baccatum&action=print&thread=1493

http://www.semillas.de/cgi-bin/shop_en/shop.cgi?shop=&product=Peppers BC&cart_id=

• sunnibel7 Md 7
    11 years ago

Thank goodness! I was counting on everyone else to come to the rescue with a real answer, otherwise I would have felt like a small equine of the burden-bearing variety.

• farnell
    11 years ago

Hm... Says right there at pepper lovers site "minimum to no heat".
    Hope that helps.

• kuvaszlvr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yep, I know it does. That's why I felt a bit confused, Blonde, Ancho, and Anaheims are all listed under her "sweets". Which, I hate to say, leaves me a bit mistrusting of the comments. Plus, I figured I'd like to hear from people who have actually tried it.

Don't worry sunni, I'd never think that of you. ;-)

Pam

• chilliwin
    11 years ago

This is my first time grow Rocoto, I do not know much about it but the seller said it is good in cold climate so logically it may not be doing well in hot climate.

This thread made me add one more variety to my growing list. The Snow White Pepper, it is blonde and hot, but may not hot like "sunnibel7" :)). I am going to order the seeds. Now I have red, yellow, brown, orange and white is missing so I would like to get this 'Snow White Paper'.

Caelian

• kuvaszlvr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I saw that the Rocoto supposedly grows in higher elevations than most peppers and wondered if heat would have ad adverse effect. in my case it did. Let us know how it goes for you.

Snow White.... interesting, I've never heard of it. If you want white, there are white habs out there too. I grow the Yucatan white, it's supposed to be better than it's relative the Peruvian White (I don't know first hand, it's just what I read). You also have the White Bullet.. and others that I can't remember now.
    Pam

• chilliwin
    11 years ago

From this word "Blonde" I was looking for some blonde peppers on the net and found this "Snow White Pepper". Fortunately, the seeds are available to our local online shop and I ordered it. It says :

"Snow White - C. chinense A delicious little white habanero type of chili that has a delicious aroma combined with a strength that burns through. If the fruit gets direct sunlight remain white as mature"
    {{gwi:1140616}}

I heard about white hab and seeds are available here too. It is going to be in my wish list.

Caelian

Here is a link that might be useful: Snow White Pepper

• kuvaszlvr
    Original Author
    11 years ago

looks very interesting. Oh, I also forgot, if you want interesting and unusual, Aribibi Gusano, I'm growing them the first time this year, but I'm really intrigued by their photos and descriptions. I can't pull up junglerain's site right now, but this shows them.

Here is a link that might be useful: aribibi gusano

• chilliwin
    11 years ago

Thank you for the link, it is nice.

Caelian

• sandysgardens
    11 years ago

I grow 'White Bullet' Habanero each year. The pepper is small, plants put out quite a few peppers, and they have a good amount of heat for their small size.

I ran across the 'Aribibi Gusano' pepper online while looking up peppers awhile back. I too think it's intriguing!

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living