Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafericson

Super LARGE collection of seeds.. Trade.. Anyone???

leafericson
10 years ago

Today is the last day of February and the seed giveaway has officially ended.
So.. no more seed request will be answered, so please don't ask it puts me in an awkward position.
I would like to THANK everyone who has made any kind of donations... THANK YOU... Your kindness and unselfish generosity made this all possible:)
Just shy of 1000 packs of pepper seed were sent out.
With a lot of new varieties, I hope that everyone has the best grow season ever!!!
PS, save your seeds maybe there will be a bigger seed giveaway next year...
-Eric-

This post was edited by LeafEricson on Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 22:22

Comments (101)

• peppers_galore
    10 years ago

Seems like this is working out pretty good. From the looks of it, there will be some pretty nice pepper gardens out there. Mine included. I am just thrilled to have been part of this.

• flipback23
    10 years ago

Leaf,
    I updated my settings for email and have sent one via email to the secondary option just in case.
    Thanks
    Rey....

This post was edited by flipback23 on Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 21:43

• missyga64
    10 years ago

My seeds went out in the mail today. .. . thanks for setting this trade up.

Missy

• TNKS
    10 years ago

Makes one all warm and fuzzy knowing the "seed gougers" are taking a good hit with honorable movements such as this.
    Stop paying $6,$8,$10 for a dozen or less seeds from questionable strains and risky germ rates.

I want the pods for eating,ya'll can have all the seeds!!

• scorpion_john
    10 years ago

Eric, drop me an email when you have time you have a couple i miggt try, and i have tons i will donate to the cause. John

• EricaBraun
    10 years ago

Holy moly, this looks amazing. Is there anyway I can get in on the SASE seeds? Please tell me what you need from me. I would be so very grateful.

Thank you for your time,
    Erica
    EricaBraun -- GW

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

I got my seeds in the mail today. lots more varieties than I expected. thank you kindly, they are greatly appreciated, and will be put to good use. slick packing method too, I was worried when I saw it wasn't in a bubble envelope, but I didn't notice any crushed seeds. well done.

• mswiggi
    10 years ago

Thanks Eric! You're the best!

• TNKS
    10 years ago

Mine should be here by weeks end :woot!

• flipback23
    10 years ago

Got my seeds today! Thanks Eric. Can't wait to start them much appreciated. I now have 6 of the top 10 hottest to grow. Only 4 more to track down and I got all 10 sweet!

• StupidHotPeppers
    10 years ago

Leaf is a boss! Thank you so much for all of the seeds! Your going to make my pepper garden come true this summer

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Thanks a lot Eric.
    I got the seeds I had asked for ,PLUS A WHOLE LOT MORE.
    Much appreciated. Now I will try to grow some more.

• mswiggi
    10 years ago

Got my seeds! Interesting packaging! I've never seen that....but I think I'll be copying it!

Once again, thank you so much! I'm splitting these seeds with a fellow hot pepper addict.... and we are both very happy!!

• wolph
    10 years ago

Is there any way to still get seed I do not have anything for trade, this is my first year growing peppers and I got all my seeds from ebay and they are all probably gunna be somthing unexpected.and would like to start some reliable plants in pots thank you!

• leafericson
    Original Author
    10 years ago

wolph, sent you an email...
    Giveaway is still going on until the end of the month and many new varieties have been added.
    -Eric-

• TNKS
    10 years ago

cant wait to see what arrives here . . . . . . ?

• ronnyb123
    10 years ago

sent you an email Eric.

Ron

• shailadi
    10 years ago

I'll send you an email too Eric

Carrie

• leafericson
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just for anyone's consideration... the padding I used to ship the seeds is called: "Laminate foam underlayment" it can be bought at most hardware stores and it used for under padding of laminate flooring.
    So far it works very well and I have not had one complaint of crushed seeds. (Knock on wood..)
    -Eric-

• teevoo
    10 years ago

Thanks Eric! I appreciate you doing this. I'm excited to be planting another round of seeds tonight... Looks like I'll be getting more varieties than I originally planned this year.

• Big Kahuna
    10 years ago

Hi Eric,

The seeds arrived today; I'm really looking forward to sowing them.

Thank you so much, I hope I can return the favour someday.

Your friend in Canada,
    Lee.

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

Eric, you're envelope got here today so tonight's plan is to sit in this chair and learn about the new varieties. Thank you so much for feeding my seed addiction! It's now time for me to start a 12-step program :)

• addicted01
    10 years ago

Eric - You're seeds came Tuesday night. Thanks and like others, I hope to return the favor.

• seysonn
    10 years ago

I have already germinated some of the seeds that ERIC sent me. I am very thankful and excited.

• TNKS
    10 years ago

WOW,WOW,WOW as I sit here looking at tiny sacks of future " P A I N "

Awesome man,Thanks for what you do Eric

• TNKS
    10 years ago

"Black Chocolate Habanero " any 411 on this strain?
    Who the go to for these seeds? they sound very interesting
    if they are true to their name.Dark pod fruit smoke real nice(chocolate hab type)
    I would be very generous to the source of these

TIA

• zone8butteCA
    10 years ago

Just sent email to you, hope I am not to late.
    Cheers

• jasmalka
    10 years ago

Count me in. Sending email. Great offer!
    Thank you.

• djr777
    10 years ago

Eric
    just sent you an email,
    Thanks for the great offer!

• troy71mo
    10 years ago

Thank you so much Eric.
    I received the seeds last weekend, started the germination process on Monday night and lots have already germinated. I thought it would take a bit longer.
    This is so much fun!!!

• zone8butteCA
    10 years ago

Eric, just read your email. Here is one heck of a big shout of thanks to you from a fellow lover of Hot Peppers. So grateful to have found you and so looking forward on growing your inventory for this coming season.
    Donald

• grinhead24
    10 years ago

Sent an email. Thanks for the offer! I have some jalapeño seeds to add to the list.
    Purple
    Black
    Guatemalan
    Giant
    Early
    Pepper Joe
    Fresno

• wjp4140
    10 years ago

Got my seeds saturday ( damn the snow), finally. And snow forcasted for today, tomorrow, sat and mon................ UG. Already have secondary growers for some seeds. 19 packs of seeds!!!!!!!!!! I need more grow containers. Eric, you are the MAN!!!!!!!! Wanda(sometimes blonde) wjp4140

• wolph
    10 years ago

Got my seeds today, thanks Eric! !!!! Now for hours on google to learn about them all.
    greatly appreciated!

• artwk
    10 years ago

Oh boy I hope I didn't miss out on this. Sent you an email. Thanks!

• missyga64
    10 years ago

OH my goodness. . . thank you so much Eric. Seeds are awesome. . . cant wait to get them growing. thanks again

• Valdo
    10 years ago

I am just starting out can do an SASE for a good scotch bonnet and fresno (if you got any) if you would be so kind. When I start harvesting I would be more than happy to return the favor!

• brian6464
    10 years ago

Received my seeds from Eric today! More than I asked for which was very generous. Not sure how I will grow all these, but I really appreciate it.

• sada
    10 years ago

How many seeds do you want in the packs?

I have PLENTY of FISH pepper harvested from 2 beautiful plants in 2013. Would be glad to share some f my FAVORITE peppers. Beautiful variegated foliage, 1 - 2" long, l candy striped peppers when green that turn solid fire engine red. PRODUCTIVE! Hot, excellent with seafood, pickled, in hot sauces and salsa - great green and red. Ornamental enough to be on the deck.

• johnboyjjm
    10 years ago

I received my letter today Eric. Such an amazing assortment. I cant wait to get a tray started in the morning, after I choose what types to try this year. Thank you so much!

PS. You can disregard the Sase I sent, just dont forget to get the postage out.

Thanks again,
    John

• leafericson
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Today is the last day of February and the seed giveaway has officially ended.
    So.. no more seed request will be answered, so please don't ask it puts me in an awkward position.
    I would like to THANK everyone who has made any kind of donations... THANK YOU... Your kindness and unselfish generosity made this all possible:)
    Just shy of 1000 packs of pepper seed were sent out.
    With a lot of new varieties, I hope that everyone has the best grow season ever!!!
    PS, save your seeds maybe there will be a bigger seed giveaway next year...
    -Eric-

• peppers_galore
    10 years ago

Leaf

You did an amazing thing here and have helped turn a lot of mediocre gardens into full blown pepper plantations. 1000 packs of seeds is huge. The amount of time and effort you put into this must have been quite significant. I hope you had some time to start some of your seeds. Thank you so much for doing this. Hopefully we will see the harvests from some of those seeds posted here, thanks to your efforts.

• ronnyb123
    10 years ago

Awesome job Eric,

It seems incredible all the work that it took to send out that amount of seeds. Thats alot of packs, and can you imagine how nice peoples gardens will be this year, thanks to you. I hope you got a chance to add a ton of new varities to your collection and get those growing.

Thank you so much for all that you did for us.

Ron

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Ditto, everything Ronny said:

Thank you, Eric.

• gfinnil
    10 years ago

Thanks Eric, your generosity is appreciated brother.
    Jerry

• zone8butteCA
    10 years ago

Eric, Your the best thing that has happened to us Pepper Heads in a long time.
    My seeds arrived today. Just a WOW how you took the time and expertly shipped the seeds. I am like so many of us who shout out the Yahooooooo!!!! of appreciation to you. 2014 Harvest season is going to be a knock out and cannot wait to contribute and grow next year seeds.
    Cheers
    Donald (foothills of Northern Ca)

• Sam_thepepperman
    10 years ago

Just found this forum!!! Super excited about next year lol... I think I have plenty of varieties for this year, but who knows where it'll go next year. Thumbs up to all who shared!

• benjoe
    10 years ago

Just recieved my envelope today, there are many more seeds than i requested so I will be sharing the love with many relatives and neighbors. 17 varieties all together! Thank you LeafEricson, this is a great way of paying it forward and many good thing will come of it.

Thanks
    Ben

• grinhead24
    10 years ago

Received the envelope today! Thank you LeafEricson and everyone who contributed! I will get these planted today.

• flipback23
    10 years ago

Great job on hosting this Eric, I sure hope I can successfully manage all these plants in my first year being a hothead lol. Cheers to everyone that shared as well. Good luck all.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio