Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepperbelly123

Scorpion Moruga Plant Advice

pepperbelly123
10 years ago

Hi f,

First time chili grower here, on some trinidad moruga scorpion plants. All is going well except a few plants seem to have what looks like a white bleach spot on them. Should I be concern or leave it be, other than that they seems to be thriving well. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (10)

• StupidHotPeppers
    10 years ago

Pepper belly those plants look great. If I were to guess I would say that it's either fertilizer burn or maybe you accidentally got some liquid fertilizer on the leafs. Another thing I was told was to not touch your peppers after smoking. Not sure about the science behind it but it sounds logical to harm the leafs. Actually growing these as well for my first time for about 4 months now. I wouldn't worry too much. I don't know if this is the answer but I just trimmed my leafs that had that same burn look and everything kept growing and eventually non of my new grow had the problem anymore. If you have any other questions ask away. Lots of people on here with good info and will help.

• StupidHotPeppers
    10 years ago

This is what my peppers looked like before.

• ka0ttic
    10 years ago

The reason behind the smoking thing is that you could transfer tobacco mosaic virus to peppers/tomatoes.

• pepperbelly123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Morugaman, thanks for your reply. I was thinking the same, I might have spilt some fertilizer on the leaves, actually I have but I have like 50 plants and I lost count on which ones got fert on the leaves. Nice plants u have their. Just wondering if i should top them off or let them be all natural. Since I have to many I might top half and see who produces more peppers. Didnt know about the smoke, glad no one smokes here. I have pics of when I started them up till now hopefully I can post pics for you all and keep you updated.

• TFortune
    10 years ago

Maybe sunburned leaves? My peppers last year had some issues like that when i left the lights on them for too long...

• pepperbelly123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tfortune yeah I did leave the light on to much 15hrs now their on 12hrs, Im gonna start to hardend them off today since they ll alll be going out side in a very short time. I picked up some bigger 5 gallon food grade containers today for "free" a big help. Thank's for the light tip. This forum is awsome and a big help for newbies, Thanks!

• pepperbelly123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just some pics of my plants for you all to view, all started with the zip baggy method, I was shocked on how fast they took off. Funds are tight so I went the cheapest route, Have them under shop lights set up in my living room, wife doesnt seem to mind :)

• jutsFL
    10 years ago

Liking the setup you've got there ^

• pepperbelly123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thx jutsFL, looks like I spoke to soon as the wife suggested today about putting my plants elsewere, Just glad I got away with it this long lol. I need to make another setup for my carolina reaper seeds, Hope all goes well with them, I'll keep you all updated on those as well. This peper growing is addicting :)

• jutsFL
    10 years ago

Ha! I figured that wouldn't last long... My grow box is in the guest bedroom right now and it looks like the sun is shining in there. So far the ole lady is letting it fly here too, but she's pushing hard to get it moved as well! So far I've been able to stave off the attacks, but she always wins ;)

Sponsored