Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A mid "winter" harvest

Posted by woohooman San Diego CA 10a (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 10, 14 at 14:01

No such thing as winter in Socal. It just gets cold enough to slow growth down and freezes just enough to kill your summer veggies or makes you want to pull them just because you know you're not going to get much for the hassle. I pulled all but 3 superhots last month, keeping a couple Nagas and a Bhut. Here's my latest harvest of my winter pods.

Kevin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A mid "winter" harvest

Jealous...

o

I agree with kclost! Jealous! Great looking harvest. What are your plans for the pods?

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 0:29

I refuse to read this thread. These kinds of places don't really exist in the USA. You simply can't grow peppers outside in the Winter.
Photobucket
Bruce

o

Yep, Jealous and it's hard to think of harvesting pods when we've been in the deep freeze here for weeks on-end.

Great Harvest Kevin, thanks for sharing the pic. It heats up our cold days here.

Sandy

o

Thanks everybody. Sorry to rub it in... j/k ;)

mswiggi: I've already made about 3 gallons of a fermented sauce last year, but the majority were ground up for powder yesterday. This pile I'll dry WHOLE with any upcoming harvests.

Bruce: LMAO. We need our rain though. Water bills kill us in the summer. Can't even keep a nice lawn these days.

Sandy: Thanks. I know you enjoy the winter pics.

Just to rub it in some more, check out my 10 day forecast.

Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Why Super Bowls should be played in MY hometown

o

Hey, Kevin!
I started putting envelopes together tonight, and pulling seed from pods. My fingers are tingling ;-) Nice Winter harvest there...

Did you get any rain this morning? We got a nice rinsing up here.

Josh

o

Josh: Awesome! I'm just waiting for your prime seeds to get started this year. :)

That's funny. I did all my grinding yesterday(without gloves) and fell asleep with my hands throbbing.

Rain?? Not here! It's been like this for the last month with no change in sight.

Kevin

o

Dang! yeah, been really dry up here, as well. Hoping for a rainy late Winter / early Spring. We need some snow-pack.

Josh

o

I figured this is as good a place as any for my winter harvest pic.

these were picked jan 11th.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here