Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

2012 Grow List Thread

highalttransplant
12 years ago

So now that 2012 has finally arrived, thought I would give us a place to discuss what we are planning to grow this year.

I've been working on my list for a couple of days now, and just keep adding more and more. At some point, I'll have to delete some things, due to space limitations indoors.

Here is my tentative 2012 Grow List:

Aji Yellow

Alma Paprika

Ancho Gigantia

Ancho San Luis

Barker (NuMex)

Big Jim (NuMex)

Black Hungarian

Chile de Arbol

Chile Hidalgo (don't actually have seeds for this one yet)

Chilhaucle Rojo

Chimayo

Cosa Arrugada

Costeno Amarillo

Fish

Fresno

Georgia Flame

Giant Szegedi

Habanero Chocolate

Habanero Peach

Hawaiian Sweet Hot

Inca Red Drop

Jaloro

Japone

Jimmy Nardello

Lemon Drop

Melrose

NuMex Espanola Improved

NuMex Pinata (don't have seeds for this one yet either)

Patio Red Marconi

Piment 'd Espelette

Rain Forest

Rocotillo

Sante Fe Grande

Serrano Tampiqueno

Tollie's Sweet Italian

I'll try not to post every time I add or delete an item, but I will post a final version, once all of the seeds have been started.

Please feel free to add your list, even if it's not finalized.

Best wishes to everyone for a bountiful growing season!

Bonnie

Comments (84)

• capoman
    12 years ago

Bruce: We don't normally eat them whole, although I have eaten half of one in one bite before, which is pretty intense. Usually we cut them up in rings and put them in salads or fresh salsa or on burgers etc. It is also excellent in sauces like spaghetti, which gives a nice but not overwhelming throat warmth. Ghost peppers aren't near as hot when mixed with food then they are straight up. But the wonderful Ghost aroma and flavor does cut through even the strongest onion or garlic smells in a fresh salsa. I find the combination of citrus and smokey flavor in Bhuts better then any other superhots including habs.

You do acclimate to the heat fairly quickly though. I also found that the ghost peppers I put in oil and vinegar for winter use seem stronger then the fresh ones, although I don't know if it's the oil and vinegar, or the fact I eat less hots in winter, I can't say for sure.

Still looking for a good sauce recipe for the bags of them I have in the freezer.

• jcav8ter
    12 years ago

Getting ready to get started. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Aji Amarillo
    Ashe County Pimento
    Bhut
    Big Jim
    Big Red Cayene
    Biker Billy Jalapeno
    Bolivian Rainbow
    Brazilian Starfish
    Caribbean Red Habanero
    Chocolate Bhut
    Chocolate Habinero
    Congo Red
    Datil
    Devils Tongue
    Fatali
    Fish
    Guajillo
    Harolds St Barts
    Hot Lemon
    Hungarian Wax
    Jalapeno Gigante
    Jamacian Red Squash
    Numex Hatch
    Paper Lantern
    Peter Pepper
    Pinot Noir
    Purple Jalapeno
    Red Cheiro
    Red Salvina
    Ristra Cayene
    Scotch Bonnet
    7 Pot
    7 Pot Brown Doughlah
    7 Pot Yello
    7 Pot Brain Strain
    Shishito
    Sweet Italian
    Tabago Seasoning
    Tobasco
    Trinidad Scorpion
    Trinidad Scorpion Butch-T
    Trinidad Scorpion Cardi
    Uba Tuba

I'm sure others will be added.

John

• roper2008
    12 years ago

I started some of my chinense's on Jan 20. I have 4 that sprouted.
    2 yellow brain strain, 1 red brain stain, and 1 safi red bonnet. I
    think I killed my douglah and mili habanero. I accidently let the
    peat pellets dry out more than once. I'll be more careful now.
    I will be starting the rest of my chinense's today.

• nancybeetoo
    12 years ago

This group inspired and supported me in my first year ever of growing hot peppers- 2010. I had a great harvest.

{{!gwi}}

Last year was a disappointment. Our summer was too cool and I only had one habanero and I got no fruit.

Maybe this summer will be warmer though.

Here is a link that might be useful: the fabulous summer of 2010

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

nancybeetoo: That is a nice looking pile of peppers. They are so nice looking they almost look fake. Sorry that 2011 didn't work out too well for you. 2012 will be better, I am sure.
    Bruce

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Well, I started mine this afternoon. Here is what I came up with. I have mapped out the 36 - 3" pots to keep them all straight.

Funny thing is, I just checked them and after 5 hours, I still don't see any poking through. I just know this is going to be a stressful season.

Bruce

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Love your organization, Bruce! I'm relying on little plastic tags, which could easily get misplaced. Maybe I need to create one of those maps, just in case.

My chinense and baccatum seeds were sown on January 24th. Still no sprouts, but without a heating pad, I usually don't see any hooks until about day 10. Doesn't mean I'm not checking the seed tray several times a day, just in case : )

Here's what's been sown so far:

Aji Angelo (2)
    Aji Chinchi Amarillo (2)
    Aji de la Tierra (2)
    Aji Picante (2)
    Aji Rojo (2)
    Aji Yellow (2)
    Belize Sweet (2)
    Cachucha (2)
    Cheiro Recife (2)
    Cajamarca (2)
    Grenada Seasoning (2)
    Habanero Chocolate (2)
    Habanero Peach (2)
    Inca Red Drop (2)
    Lemon Drop (2)
    Pequin (2)
    Pimenta Barro do Robiero (2)
    Rain Forest (2)
    Rocotillo (2)
    Tobago Seasoning (2)
    Trinidad Perfume (2)
    Zavory (2)

I still need to locate some cheap 3" - 4" pots before it's time to transplant. Found a couple of places on line, but the shipping is pretty ridiculous.

It would be great if I could hold off on the annums until these have all germinated and been potted up, but I doubt I'll be able to wait that long.

Bonnie

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Bonnie, here are some links to 3-4" containers on Ebay. Not too bad of prices, but watch the shipping charges.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-4-inch-Standard-plastic-flower-pots-4-X-3-1-2-/140674888875?pt=Planters_Pots&hash=item20c0e074ab

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-100-4-3-75-3-3-4-Inch-PLASTIC-FLOWER-NURSERY-POTS-Wholesale-price-/310372782568?pt=Planters_Pots&hash=item4843a8d1e8

There are others but you get the idea. Basically, you are looking at about 18 cents each for the second batch which includes shipping.
    Bruce

Here is a link that might be useful: LOT OF 100 - 3 3/4 Inch for $17.99

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Oh, Bonnie,
    If you prefer Amazon.com, you can get 180 - 3" square ones for about $25 which is about 14 cents each.
    Bruce

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon.com 3 inch seed starting pots

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for those links, Bruce! Believe it or not, I actually found something at Walmart today. This is the first time I've seen this particular product there. They are similar to the ones in your Amazon link, but they come with a watertight tray. They were $4.50. I got 6, which is only 108 pots, for $27. So, not as good a deal, but maybe worth it if you count the cost of the water tray. I'll probably still need a couple more, but I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to find enough room (and light) for the ones I just bought!

Bonnie

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Yes, I know what you mean bonnie about the walmart trays. i saw them too. I think they come with the clear dome too.
    Bruce

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The 72 cell trays did, but the ones I got were just 18 - 3" pots in a plastic tray. Which is okay, since by the time I'm ready to pot up, I wouldn't still be using the domes anyway.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Hmmmm, the ones I saw had a dome but they were 18 - 3" pots in a 10x20 tray. But yes, if you dont need the top, then I think you got a good deal. The tray is nice since it will keep the run off from watering contained.
    Bruce

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay, somehow now I feel like I got cheated. : (

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Highaltranspplant, I will send you mine if you send me a 24"x12"x4" self addressed stamped box.

Seriously, if you still want one and have a Menards Home Improvement in your area, you can pick one up there for about $1.

Bruce

• tveguy2
    12 years ago

Wow, some impressive lists. You must spend many hours processing them, unless you just dry most of them. I have only a few kinds that I like to grow, but some that I haven't seen on any lists are the Hatch green chili's from New Mexico, and the Sandia chili as well. Both are mild though. I just recieved some seeds for Mulato Isleno that I ordered from St. Clair Heirloom seeds. They are a pablano shaped pepper, but up to 6 inches long. Thinking they will make good chili relleno.

• roper2008
    12 years ago

Why don't you just use cups. You can get them cheap at wholesale
    clubs like Sams.

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

I use foam cups from Big Lots - 51 cups for a dollar. But they are something I move my peat pods into once the true leaves start to show.

Its easy to over water in them, so holes must be punched in the bottom... But if you can neglect them just the right amount, they seem to do really well.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

Yes, disposable cups are always an alternative. punching holes in the bottoms is definitely recommended though.
    Bruce

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

Updating my grow list:
    Orange Hab,
    Big early Jalapenos,
    Long Red Thin Cayenne
    Thai Sun
    Possibly Bhut Jolokia
    Coming soon:
    Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
    Chimaya
    Pretty in Purple
    Glow in the Dark Purple
    Yatzy
    Chili De Arbol
    Aji Yellow (peruvian)
    Jamaican Chocolate Hab
    Red Savina (if it grows out and proves to be NOT a red carribean),
    Scotch Bonnet (yellow),
    7pot douglah
    7pot (unspecified from vendor),
    chocolate Bhut,
    Anaheim
    Dorset Naga
    Hinkelhatz (Chicken Heart - an amish heirloom)
    Hot Lemon Hab
    White Hab
    Fire Cracker
    Peppermania's Big Ass Cayenne
    Golden Cayenne
    Tazmanian Habanero
    Mulato Isleno
    Black Pearl
    Punjabi Pepper
    Firecracker
    Hot Banana Pepper
    Sweet Banana Pepper
    Big Bertha Bell
    Super Heavy Weight Bell
    Whippets Tail
    Las Cruces
    Filius Blue
    Kung Pao
    Cubanelle
    Tobasco
    WM Brand Chili Peppers
    Mammoth Jalapeno
    Pimiento Pepper
    Tepins
    My Hybrids:
    Thai Sun x Orange Habanero F1

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today, I sowed all of the annums, 34 varieties. If you add that to the list of chinense and baccatums that I started 3 weeks ago, I'm growing 56 different peppers this year ... so far.

Here's what I sowed today:

Alma Paprika
    Ancho San Luis
    Barker
    Biker Billy Hyb.
    Black Hungarian
    Bulgarian Carrot
    Chile de Arbol
    Chile Hidalgo
    Chilhaucle Amarillo
    Chilhaucle Rojo
    Chimayo
    Cochiti
    Cosa Arrugada
    Costeno Amarillo
    Fish
    Fresno
    Guajillo
    Hawaiian Sweet Hot
    Jaloro
    Japone
    Melrose
    Mulato Isleno
    Piment d'Espelette
    NuMex Pinata
    Pusztagold
    Sandia
    Santa Fe Grande
    Sucette de Provence
    Tollie's Sweet Italian
    Jimmy Nardello
    Espanola Improved
    Big Jim
    Patio Red Marconi

I've got about half a dozen of the first batch up now : )

I think I'm done with the list, but since I'm hosting the pepper swap, it's possible something irresistible could come my way ...

Bonnie

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

Yeah... my list doesn't include whatever comes back from the swap... Sent 17 I think, packets of seed... My list could swell to the low 60s as well.

• tsheets
    12 years ago

Finally got my list finalized and seeds ordered for what I don't already have.

I'm always amazed at the number of plants / varieties some of you grow!

Many of these are repeats every year, a few are new to me. I try to rotate something new in every year just for fun.

Repeats:
    Big Jim
    Orange Habanero
    Ancho 101
    Lemon Drop
    Jamaica Scotch Bonnet
    Chocolate Habanero

New to me:
    ANCHO SAN MARTIN HYBRID
    Aji Chinchi Amarillo
    Thai Hot
    Guajillo
    PASILLA BAJIO
    NUMEX SUAVE ORANGE
    Guam Boonie

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

Part of my reason for growing so many, is that I have several acres bought and paid for, but have been unable to find employment for about two years. I do odds and ends to make ends meet.... But especially lately, I find my self with a LOT of time for hobbies.

I'm likely putting in another 10x10 bed tomorrow for peppers. Then going to line my driveway. Probably.

Part of my land was old horse pasture... Areas are particularly well fertilized. Plus I have rabbits, chickens, and ducks.

I haven't planted the area that was once the houses main garden. It is beside what was apparently the burn pit. But it needs some maintenance. I figure there is about a half acre, that looks like it was once planted (nice black soil, and a short fence)and is currently full of weeds.

I till with a shovel though...

Makes for slow going.

• tsheets
    12 years ago

Yeah, I'm very limited on useable space. If I had the room, I'd probably be doing the same thing! Only, not with a shovel. ;-) that's hard-core!

• capoman
    12 years ago

Started mine on the weekend. 72 cell tray on a heat mat and controller. I expect to see some come up soon.

• gabrielfollis
    12 years ago

i have a blog where i have been tracking the progress of the growing season so far. also some DIY, recipes, and hot sauce reviews.

2012 growing season:
    paper lantern
    fatalii
    white habanero
    mustard habanero
    jamaican chocolate habanero
    lemon drop
    bulgarian carrot
    serrano
    jalapeno
    ring of fire
    hot banana
    thai dragon
    (maybe tabasco)

Here is a link that might be useful: click here to see photo & blog

• rjs55555
    12 years ago

Jalapeno
    Tam Jalapeno
    Cayenne
    hot wax
    Serrano

Sweets:
    Red Bull Horn
    Yellow Banana

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

I see Hot Wax on many peoples lists, is it spectacularly good to the point where everyone needs to have it? or just unique.

• tsheets
    12 years ago

Those look great! I really feel like I should be growing some and pickle for sandwiches, but, I find that I just don't make sandwiches at home that often or something. I love pickled peppers on sandwiches, but, never seems to happen at home. Is it too late to make a new year's resolution?? haha!

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    12 years ago

tsheets: I eat a lot more sandwiches at home when I have those peppers. Grow one or two plants just for the heck of it and check 'em out. I think I got some seeds if you want them.
    Bruce

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

Hmm... I make three varieties of hot sauce right now... the hotter ones are much more popular... But my mom, and a few others like the mild sauce. Up until recently, I've been getting the "assorted salad pepper mix" from my grocery store for 1$ the day before they throw them out, and using those for her hot sauce...

Its never been bad, but its also never been the same.

If she can handle Hungarian wax peppers, then I might just grow some specifically for her.

• Lisa8500
    12 years ago

Wow- those are some impressively long and hot lists. I'll be growing in a greenhouse at 8500 ft, so my list is much shorter. And I'm a wuss, so it's got a lot less heat as well!
    "Hots"-
    Jalapeno M
    Grenada Seasoning

Sweets-
    Gypsy
    Red Stuffing
    Yellow Stuffing

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

If you want it, you can increase your tolerance over time... Just try spicier peppers - maybe not a super hot... but perhaps habanero... or even cayenne... The more you consume, the higher your tolerance will become, the hotter foods you can consume, and again the higher your tolerance.

I think everyone here started out at the stage where jalapenos were spicy.

I barely notice the heat any more, and I eat habaneros like candy (smoke it, puree it, use it by the tablespoon on food :D).

• Edymnion
    12 years ago

Started? Some of us are still there. =P

• Lisa8500
    12 years ago

Jsschrstrcks, thanks for the advice. I think I'm pretty entrenched in Jalapeno-only land though :P

• 2ajsmama
    12 years ago

Here's what I started today (in a 50-cell and a 72-cell flat).

From ottawapepper (not sure if these are in order of SHU), 5 each:

Purple Serrano
    Alma (apple) pepper
    Tequila Sunrise
    Bih Jolokia
    Douglah Chocolate 7 pot

From Chef Paul (5 each):

real (long) Thai Hot
    Paper Lantern

From Smokemaster ( each):

Padron (12)
    Pepperoncini (12)
    Pimento Tangerine (6)
    Cascabel (5)

Last year's seed (from Fedco)

red Hinkelhatz (5)

Saved seed
    mystery Anaheim/Numex type (10)

Overwintered (keep your fingers crossed)

1 Hinkelhatz going strong (never put in basement)
    1 Thai birdseye hanging in there
    1 hot mystery pepper
    1 serrano that had been very prolific

Bought new seed:

Burpee "Hot Lemon" (12 seeds in 6 cells)
    Burpee Jalapeno Gigante (12 seeds in 6 cells)
    Serrano (12 seeds in 6 cells)

Bell peppers:

King of the North (seed from last year - 20 seeds in 10 cells)

Burpee Carnival mix (couple different Calif. Wonders, etc.) - 24 seeds in 12 cells

Ran out of flats!

• tsheets
    12 years ago

That's quite a list! You're gonna be a busy gal!

• 2ajsmama
    12 years ago

I figure I'll be lucky if 40% of them make it through the season, figure 10-20% might never germinate, 10% more won't make it through repotting, 10% more will be lost hardening off and 10% more won't survive transplanting. If I get 2 out of each 5 superhot varieties that will be enough for us, but I had to start enough bells and sweets to sell (can always buy some starts of the bells but I hope I get a good number of Padrons and others that smokemaster sent me).

Tomatoes tomorrow - back was killing me bending over, and it wasn't too good this AM after spending 3 hrs yesterday stacking firewood. I need a good potting bench/countertop.

Peas, etc. will be direct-sown once the ground warms up.

• User
    12 years ago

Finally, I've weeded through the 300+ starts of 54 varieties for myself and friends and have arrived at my 2012 grow list.

I am so in the dog house. This is the second year I've promised my long suffering GF that I'll keep it to 15 - 18 pots and not take over the backyard with peppers. I have failed again. It must be genetic?

I'll be growing one or two of each of the following varieties:

Heat
    7 Pot
    7 Pot Douglah
    7 Pot JF
    7 Pot Jonah
    Aji Cito
    Bhut Jolokia
    Bih Jolokia
    Billy Goat
    Bonda ma Jacques
    Bulgarian Spicy
    Chimayo
    Chocolate Bhut
    Christmas Bell
    Congo Trinidad
    Datil
    Dorset Naga
    Fatilli
    Nagabon
    NuMex Jalundo
    Piri Piri
    Poblano
    Scotch Bonnet - Chocolate
    Takanotsume
    Thai
    Trinidad Scorpion
    Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
    Trinidad Scorpion FG
    Trinidad Scorpion Moruga

Sweet
    Bell Boy
    Jupiter
    Kurtovska Kapija
    Summer Sun
    Sorok Sari

Ornamental
    Black Cuban
    NuMex Twilight
    Yellow Jelly Bean

• herefaux
    12 years ago

ruthz, I am interested in a pepper on your list, Aji Dulce. I am wondering what you can tell me about it. Is it hot? Because the name implies that it is sweet.

I am growing aji amarillo (yellow aji from Peru) this year and only concentrating on that. I might do sweet bell peppers, as I love them, but have never had luck growing them.

• gardenunusual
    12 years ago

Hi all!

This year I've started:

Queen Laurie
    Peach Habanero
    Grenidad Seasoning
    Limon
    Jamaican Hot Chocolate
    Hot Portugal
    Early Jalapeno (I haven't grown this in years!!)
    Chocolate Habanero (from my garden)
    Serrano
    Pequin type pepper from my garden
    Black Pearl
    Peter
    chocolate scotch bonnet
    alma paprika

I'm so frustrated, I had seeds trying to start under a heating mat, but now I think they didn't have room to breathe, that's why these didn't sprout until I gave up(wish I didn't):
    bhut jolokia
    bhut jolokia assam
    jamaican hot chocolate
    padron

some I have to start asap:

yellow orange manzano #3 vallarta
    peppadew
    cascabella
    yellow manzano gt
    ecuador reo x peru baseball rocoto
    pi 260250
    cayenne from India
    red rocket
    two mystery mixes
    goat horn
    gammi
    numex big jim
    cherry
    hot banana
    long red slim
    hot firecracker
    crimson torpedo
    ordono
    ornamental

i keep telling myself not to order more seeds - but I'd really like several more varieties, lol

for sweets I've got to start:

corno di torro
    sigaretta dolce
    jimmy nardello
    mini chocolate bell
    sweet cherry
    mini-orange
    patio-red

two things I'm doing different this year, being my peppers didn't do well last year as the soil was a first year amended soil is 1) doing all my peppers in containers - the ones I did last year in containers did fantastic and 2) I'm planting three seeds per container, and letting go of the two weakest ones.

I have so many different garlics I planted last year too, it's so fun to try to grow the things I love.

Many thanks to Smoke that gave me so many different unknowns to me last year, I am attempting to grow them this year and get a harvest!

• lorabell_gw
    12 years ago

New tries this year
    Hot Kil
    Tulip
    Surmeli
    A Pea size really-really hot unknown pepper from a Korean coworker

Lots of basics
    Peter (Can't resist)
    tobago
    Jimmy N
    etc

Last year sold at Farmers Market...This year, no way!

Just signed up for my first seed exchange(new here). Can't WAIT to sign up for next years. I'm addicted to tomatoes, peppers, garlics, onions, ....can't seem to get enough. Looks like I'm in good company.

• Edymnion
    12 years ago

Updated pepper list:

Bhut Jolokia
    Butch T Trinidad Scorpion
    7-Pot Douglah
    Sweet Red Cherry
    Sweet Banana Pepper
    Uba Tuba / Christmas Bell
    Pinot Nior
    NuMex Halloween Ornamental
    Masquerade Ornamental

• 8Planets
    11 years ago

Here is my list of peppers ranging from moderate heat to scorching:

Beaver Dam
    Banana
    Numex Big Jim
    Ancho Gigantea
    Purple Jalapeno
    Early Jalapeno
    Fish
    Serrano
    Aji Cristal
    Cayenne
    Tabasco
    Pequin
    Thai Hot
    Habanero (Orange)
    Naga Morich
    Bhut Jolokia

I began growing the hottest chiles indoors about two months ago since they have relatively long maturation times; there's nothing like seeing the flowers open so early in the traditional season! I already transplanted some habaneros in the ground because I was running out of indoor space (it better not frost). Best luck to all this year!

• 8Planets
    11 years ago

Oops, I apologize for the quick follow-up post. The sweet peppers I'll be growing are:

Chocolate Beauty
    Flavorburst
    Feherozon Paprika
    Marconi Red

Has anyone heard about the new pepper "Orange Blaze"? As a fast-maturing orange bell, it won an AAS distinction last year. At all of the seed companies I have searched online, it has been sold out/back-ordered (probably until half the summer has past). Is anyone growing it or know where seeds might be available sooner rather than later?

• chile_freak
    11 years ago

> > bhutjolokia
    > > bhut smooth skin
    > > bhut yellow
    > > bhut chocolate
    > > peach bhut
    > > assam bhut
    > > bhut indian carbon
    > > bhutxdouglah
    > > bhutxscorp
    > > trinidad scorpion
    > > yellow cardi scorp
    > > butch-t
    > > scorp moruga blend
    > > scorp orange
    > > chocolate scorp
    > > 7pot
    > > 7 yellow
    > > 7brown
    > > 7 chocolate
    > > 7 douglah
    > > 7 orange
    > > 7 chaguanas
    > > 7primo
    > > 7 brainstrain
    > > 7 jonah
    > > 7 barrackapore
    > > 7pot yellowx choc bhut
    > > naga morich
    > > naga chocolate
    > > naga bombay
    > > naga dorsett
    > > fatalii
    > > fatalii red
    > > habalokia
    > > red carribean
    > > bonda ma jaques
    > > beni highlands
    > > harold's st. barts
    > > antallais carribean
    > > curacao red
    > > dominican red
    > > grenada seasoning
    > > jamaican scotch bonnet
    > > congo trinidad
    > > tree hab red
    > > tree hab orange
    > > chiltepin
    > > chiltepin amarillo
    > > wild brazil
    > > cumari pollux
    > > wiri wiri
    > > jalapeno
    > > serrano
    > > tobasco
    > > safi annuum
    > > brown berbere
    > > nubian
    > > maui purple
    > > venezuelan purple
    > > purple UFO
    > > aji lemon
    > > aji yellow
    > > aji benito
    > > burkina irulena
    > > rat turd
    > > malaguetta
    > > red kona
    > > african devil
    > > hanoi red
    > > thai hot
    > > tomabello
    > > sheepnose pimento
    > > red cheiro
    > > pinguito de mono
    > > datil
    > > inca red drop
    > > hinklehatz
    > > chinese five color
    > > goat's weed
    > > mek phet
    > > joker's hat
    > > black hungarian
    > > black prince
    > > black birdseye
    > > fresno
    > > purira
    > > naga jolokia pc-1
    > > coral reef
    > > orange grove
    > > criolla sella
    > > nepali orange
    some are overwintered, some started in Jan, some in feb,some in march. If my other half wouldnt murder me I would've planted the other 45or 50 varieties i picked up through trades this winter, but once I hit 150 plants the woman started letting me know she wanted some space for the rest of the veggies :) i wont be too upset once ibite into my first heirloom tomato!
    -Paul

• Edymnion
    11 years ago

How is it that I'm scrolling down through that entire list as fast as my scroll wheel will take me, and yet I still manage to have "rat turd" jump right out at me? =P

• spencers_mom2
    11 years ago

Ok now that the plants have arrived with no substitutions (in case of out of stock) I can participate in this thread.

Hab - black
    Hab - white
    Hab - choc
    Hab - regular ole orange
    Jal - purple
    Jal - Biker Billy (just got one plant... seeing if size does matter)
    Fatalii - my FAVORITE!
    Bhut Jolokia
    Aconcagua - a sweet variety for stuffing, salads, etc
    Diablo Sweet - also for stuffing, etc

Prob going to start some Manzano Amarillo tonight too. Even though it's May.. and I prob won't see fruit for a few months.. we can go as late as early November here (and it's already getting hot) so I will definitely have something.

Erin