Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
web_of_hair

Jalabanero Seeds ready for some PPL

web_of_hair
17 years ago

I have right now 11 packs ready to go for anyone who wants them.

If you don't remember they are the Jalapeno/Habanero Hybrid I successfully made. They have a great combo flavor and good creeping heat!

just e-mail me

Comments (40)

• John__ShowMe__USA
    17 years ago

woh,

I did gardenwebbie mail you a request, but have seen their system fail to deliver all too many times in the past. Just wanted enough seeds for 2 plants.

jt

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

John got the e-mail n seeds goimng out this Sat

• keithdp
    17 years ago

Hi;
    Received my seeds thanks so much they will go in the ground today! Many thanks!!!
    I will let you know how they do.
    Keith

• veggiecanner
    17 years ago

I am curious, how did you do that? They are not of the same genus. I have had them growing sid by side and was told they would not cross no matter what I did.

• mattpacman
    17 years ago

I'd love a few of those seeds. Combining 2 of my favorate peppers has to be a great thing, right?

I also sent you an e-mail through the gardenweb system.

Thanks,
    Matt

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

* Posted by veggiecanner Id 5/6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 17, 07 at 15:22

I am curious, how did you do that? They are not of the same genus. I have had them growing sid by side and was told they would not cross no matter what I did.

I just followed some of the crossbreeding options on this forum. And I lucked out as the one plant that survived was a hybrid that I really wanted. My neighbor had one plant as well, wish more survived... Mine is struggling right now to overwinter, hopes it makes it to spring

I have 2 more intentional and one unintentional possible hybrids this year. Tabasco/Thai, Cayenne/Habanero (try#2) and ?/Tabasco (a regular flower might have crossed with it)

• dartagnanpluck
    17 years ago

Got any more? I will trade you for some Puerto Rican heirloom Aji Dulce peppers if you like.

• thepodpiper
    17 years ago

web_of_hair i have sent you an email I also have some seeds i would trade for these if you like email me and i will let you know what I have. thanks for the offer.

Dale

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

dart just shoot me an e-mail with yer address

• mattpacman
    17 years ago

I wanted to thank web_of_hair for the Halabanero seeds (as well as some of his other hybrids). I'll be planting them soon and look forward to letting folks on the forum know how they turn out.

• keithdp
    17 years ago

Hi;
    I planted mine and they have germinated, will keep you posted.
    Thanks again! We are only a few miles apart im in Ann Arbor, I may have some extra seedlings as so far,,, (knocking on wood) my seeds are doing great.
    Keith

• fiedlermeister
    17 years ago

What happened to mine?

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I will mail some more out to you on monday fieldmaster

• thepodpiper
    17 years ago

web_of_hair, I have not recieved my seeds yet also, did they get in the mail? Thanks

Dale

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'll send out more for you too Dale.

• Tnflower_lover
    17 years ago

I sent you mail
    Cara

• thepodpiper
    17 years ago

keithdp, I also live very close to you. If you have any seeds to trade send me an email I have quite a few that i wouldn't mind trading.

Dale

• thepodpiper
    17 years ago

mike, just wanted to let you know that i recieved the seeds today. thanks for the extras.

Dale

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

tnflower_lover and dartagnanpluck I haven't got an e-mail from you two. I have some left if you want them.

Awesome Dale, hope they work out well! Field I hope you got your seeds too!

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just found out that some of the e-mails were sent into the Bulk Junk e-mail folder. Replied to them. And seeds will be sent out by Sat.

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well no more seeds are available. Will have to wait till end of year for more. Good luck to those that got some of them, hope they bear fruit close to the original plant. I hope the parent plant stays alive.....

• John__ShowMe__USA
    17 years ago

woh,

Very good seeds! After 3 days your Jalabanero and only a couple more varieties have radicles (emerging taproot). One of the others is also a hybrid (Paprika Supreme) and another is from master seed saver fiedlermeister (Black Scorpion's Tongue).

Nice job & thanks!!

jt

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

awesome!

A couple more of my possible Thai/Tabasco (Thaibasco ;) ) seeds sprouted. Can't wait.

I'm hoping on making a Purple Nagapeño for next year! or maybe a Naga White....

• John__ShowMe__USA
    17 years ago

Some of webofhair's offspring:

The next two are from other people:

When I see radicles emerging I cover the seeds with more soil mix. When they sprout they will be moved to another cell tray under lights.

jt

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Awesome! So far I've had 90% germination with the seeds. only one seed left to sprout...

• thepodpiper
    17 years ago

web of hair, here are a couple pics the first is the jalabanero and the second is of the hab cayenne. I have 4 or 5 of each and they are all doing very well. Thanks again for the seeds.

Dale

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

awesome! Looks better than ones I have going...

How's everyone else's seeds doing I sent?

BTW the Hab/Cayenne is try #2 so I can't make guarantees.

I'll have pics of mine as soon as I get a new camera cable, or my photo happy friend takes pics

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well the parent plant appears to be doing sorta well. Not many leaves but I see aboot 5 or 6 new sets starting. If it survives, which I think it will, I'll have it at my store in the window. Available for all to see :) I wish I had my camera to take pictures.

BTW If you have pictures I'd like to post them on Jalabanero.com ;)

• thepodpiper
    17 years ago

web of hair, I finally found the Jalabaneros that I have one of the three is doing much better than the other two sorry about the mislabeling could'nt fit Jalabanero on the label. LOL.

Hope these photos come in handy for your website. I will keep you updated.

Dale

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    17 years ago

Maybe I kept mine in the 72 cell tray too long they haven't gotten as big as the pics of others:

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    17 years ago

Added some more soil, to hopefully kick start it:

• thepodpiper
    17 years ago

I am certainly no expert but am learning rapidly trying to take care of over 400 pepper plants. My suggestion would be that even at that small size they need their own home. My Jalabaneros have a very large root system and I would think that that many plants in one container it would fill up fast. i see that you have also taken out the other house guests from the containers, that is a very good thing weeds will take everything those peppers need from the soil at a very alarming rate. When did you sow your seeds?

Dale

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    17 years ago

Dale, I'm not good at keeping records. I would guess about a month ago. I generally will wait till they get to about the size of yours, and then they will get repotted individually.

Yours look very healthy and I am curious what kind of soil you use, it looks like a nice fine blend.

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    17 years ago

Dale eventually they will go into a container separately like this Serrano.

Just for a laugh, it's not as bad as this pepper germination experiment:

• fiedlermeister
    17 years ago

Too soon for pictures--mine are just coming up. Planted 4 seeds 4/11 and all were up 4/17-4/21. 2 0f 2 habanero x cayenne up in six days.

johnf

• web_of_hair
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Fieldmaster... and here I thought you'd be the first to plant the seeds....

How did the two Thai/Tabasco seeds do?

• fiedlermeister
    17 years ago

No--I don't start until later because I don't put the plants outside until mid June and I wouldn't have room for them. 104 of 142 varieties have germinated so far. I didn't plant the Thai/Tabasco this time--again space is an issue. Next time.

John

• tessa74
    17 years ago

pka, that second pix is just halarious! love it!

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

Updated pix of my 2 pots of Jalabaneros 2 weeks later:

• pkapeckopickldpepprz
    16 years ago

Jalabaneros are doing well. The group that was clustered 5 in that beige pot, I repotted today in individual pots. Most of them have pods forming to soon flower and fruit following shortly. Anxiously awaiting!!! Check them out. Thanks Web of Hair, I can't wait!

ps. The group to the left in above pic, were taken from the pepper experiment monstrosity where there were hundreds of pepper seedlings in that white rectangular planter I posted a pic of 2 weeks ago earlier in this thread. I am slowly getting them into individual pots. haha.

Sponsored