Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maras, Aleppo and Urfa Biber Seeds?

Posted by swaite none (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 8:46

Hi Guys,

First post here, hoping someone can help me! I'm looking for true seeds (or, fresh pods) for Aleppo (also known as Halaby), Maras (also known as marash, or maras biber, or similar) and urfa biber (also known as isot) peppers. I've been having a devil of a time locating them, my usual sources are a wash and I can't find anything on Google except for dried stuff, which I've read is prepared in such a way that it kills the seeds.

Seeds from pods that have been isolated in some manner are strongly desired, as I'm hoping to isolate the plants I grow and try and get more of these plants out to the hot pepper community.

Thanks!
Sean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maras, Aleppo and Urfa Biber Seeds?

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I saw your post on the THP forum a couple of days ago. I just had a chance to check my stock tonight.

When you say you're looking for Aleppo (also known as Halaby), would they also be categorized as Aleppo (PI181864)?

If so, send me an email via my profile.

o
RE: Maras, Aleppo and Urfa Biber Seeds?

Hi Ottawa,

Yep, those would be one of the Aleppo varieties that I'd be interested in. Email sent. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here