Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardening Newbie: Cajun Belle Pepper- Wilting Flowers?? With Pics

Posted by agurusa FL (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 9:55

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie to gardening, but I decided to try my hand at planting some cajun belle peppers. They were looking great until recently, when the flowers and one leaf began yellowing and wilting. The stem intersections are also dark brown.

Could this have to do with overwatering? Underwatering? Too much heat? Or are they completely fine...? I live in South Florida, where it has been over 80 degrees for the last few days. I water every other day or every couple of days.

The picture shows one wilting flower in the foreground, one recently bloomed flower in the background, and the brown stems.

Help please! Thank you :)

-Aarthi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardening Newbie: Cajun Belle Pepper- Wilting Flowers?? With

That plant looks very healthy. I couldn't tell you what the brown stem is related to but how often do you water it? Also what kind of solid did you use?

o

The dark color at the stem joints is normal.

o

As Jean says, the dark color is normal.

But the overall plant looks pale - not as healthy as it could be. I would recommend that you water less, and if the plant is wilting then move it into some shade during the hottest part of the day.

It is still a young plant and has significant growing to do. As you reduce watering, the plant should be able to take up more nutrients from the mix. The plant is in need of nutrients - whether due to the impaired roots (from excess moisture in the root-zone), or due to an actual deficiency in the mix.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here