Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Olive Garden/Papa Johns peppers?

Posted by eaglesgarden 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 5, 09 at 10:35

Does anyone know what type of pepper they use at Olive Garden or Papa John's? I love those peppers, and would love to grow a few. I think they've been either cooked or pickled, so I doubt I could save the seeds.

Anyone have any thoughts on what type they might be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Olive Garden/Papa Johns peppers?

BTW, I know they aren't "hot" peppers. But, I thought this would be a good place to ask.

o

I believe it is a pickled Pepperoncini.

o

Yep, I agree. I fight over them in the Papa John's box. However, you can find them in the grocery store by the olives.

Here is a link to purchase seeds. I've never ordered from these people but I'm pretty sure others have. You can ask over at the Tomato Forum if this is a good company or maybe someone here knows. I also found an old forum posting for you.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pepper/msg0508363318987.html

Good luck!

Oh, your pepper qualifies for this forum. ;)

Erin

Here is a link that might be useful: Pepperoncinis

o
Page 4

.. also has a variety of pepperoncini seed. There is a ton of seeds at Tomato Growers! Must.. be .. strong.

o

I tried Greek and Italian pepperoncinis last year. The Greek is what you are familiar with. They're also good fresh in salads, pasta, etc. The red ones are even more delicious but take time to ripen that far. I'd offer you some seeds but I'm not doing that well with the germination right now.

The Italians were a darker green and I didn't really like the flavor.

o

Thanks everyone....that's been bothering me! You are great!

o

Carol,

I apologize...I sent you an email to offer a trade, (based on a different thread) then I checked back here and realized that you said you were having trouble with germination.

please excuse my message.

o

Carol,

You are too sweet! Thanks for even considering it!!!

o

we grow and pickle sweet banana peppers and end up with the same tasting peppers. add one cayenne pepper per jar for just a little heat.

o

That sounds like a great backup plan. Do you grow your own cayenne, or do you just buy a few when needed? BTW, one cayenne per quart or pint?

o

Pickled hot banana (wax) are good too.

o

Papa John Peppers/Olive Garden Peppers I found at the Dollar Tree for 1.00 A JAR. They are the pepperoncinis. They are picked in a 12 oz jar I believe with about 10 to 12 peppers per jar.

o

I found some today at the grocery store! CENTO makes them. I was so excited, and I've been having a few with my lunch everyday since. How awesome!!!

Pepperoncini! Amazing.

o

I meant to type "the other day" not today. Oops.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here