Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soaking seeds

Posted by jifjifjif 9-Florida (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 14:00

Well, i just now realized that all the seeds i planted back on 2/7 did not soak in water before planting. None have sprouted yet.

Is this a colossal mistake? Should i replant new seeds that have soaked for a day or could these seeds still sprout without the soak?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soaking seeds

On the 7th? Dude, it's only been a week. Few peps germinate faster than that, and wouldn't be seen above ground for several more days. Just make sure there is some moisture around the seed until you see it sprout.

What varieties?

o

Hahahaha. Yeah, i know its only been a week; just wanted to get replanting if the vets said that pre soaking is key.

I have:

Peppadew
Chimayo
Tequila Sunrise
NuMex Twilight
Chocolate hab
Chocolate scotch bonnet
Bonda ma Jacques
Butch T scorpion
Naga Jolokia
7pot Douglah

o

The first four will probably show up first.

What's with the French pepper?

o

I didn't plant any of those peppers, but I did not soak any of mine, and I had 18 out of 20 seeds germinate within 8 or 9 days. First sprouts showed after 4 days.

o

Havent tried any of those.

I had some habaneros come up in 6 days or so. I just planted my bhut and other hots on the 12th, so still waiting on those.

o

What's with the French pepper?

All off these seeds were given to me by another forum member; a really nice guy. I don't know much about it, but i am eagerly awaiting its germination.

o

jifjifjif,

Chill.... give them up to 21 days and then begin to worry (a little) some take much longer. Everything I have planted (no seed soaking) has taken 8-15 days so far.

Your to egor... Let mother nature do what she does.

Bill

o

Understood. Thanks for the chill pill. :)

o

Well, as mentioned above, Chimayo, jalapeno, tequila sunrise and numex twilight have sprouted.

o

Good seeds then. Congrats, new Daddy.

o

Thanks much. I adopted my babies from ottawapepper. :)

Can't wait to buy my fluorescent light today after work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here