Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I may of messed up my entire seasons grow

Posted by thismembername none (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 14:08

I may be in trouble
I was testing some cucumber seeds with my grow this year, and noticed some yellowing of their leaves, no ferts, normal watering. got to looking and it appears this could be "CMV" cucumber mosaic virus.

Pictures included

is it possible that this has spread to my other plants?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.154452218046182.33133.100004442132110&type=1&l=43983ae271

Here is a link that might be useful: pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I may of messed up my entire seasons grow

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 15:20

Have you been putting them in direct sunlight?
Bruce

o

I alternate between indoor lights and sunlight from a window.

I've moved them (all cucumber plants) outside to let die. It's not worth messing up my entire grow for the year.

if anyone has any experience with this, does this look like CMV, or something i should be concerned with and do you think it has already infected my other plants?

o

http://www.weekendgardener.net/plant-diseases/cucumber-mosaic-virus-070707.htm

the last pic on this page looks really close to what ive got i think.

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 17:58

Some of those pictures looked a little bit like sunburn to me. That is why I asked about direct sunlight exposure. If they were not exposed to a sudden dose of sunlight after being under lights, then it probably isn't that.
Bruce

o

No experience here.
Try fertilizing one or two, see what happens.

Josh

o

It's often hard to guess because it could mean a number of things and sometimes until it reaches a certain stage then you truly will know by how the plant is affected.

The closest I found to the pic you posted is Gummy Stem Blight

o

Another example

o

thismembername from the picts you have on your link I would have to say you have Downy mildew. It is common with cucumber plants and there is almost no stopping it once it sets in. Cucumbers don't like to be planted in pots or in peat since yours are in both and they are just starting out I would dispose of them in the trash not the compost pile. At the first signs of seeing downy mildew you can spray them with diluted milk, neem oil, or any other fungicide.
Well on the bright side, cucumbers grow very quickly so there's always time plant more.

I grow alot of cucumbers and pickle like 40 mason jars a year.

If you need any cucumber seed let me know..

Eric

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here